Margaret Thatcher tried to convince the Soviet Union to block West Germany and East Germany from reuniting

>Margaret Thatcher tried to convince the Soviet Union to block West Germany and East Germany from reuniting

Attached: pep.jpg (1095x1002, 126K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=0IDop4kzFjI
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

she knew east germany would become a shithole after reunification

>would become

Not just the Soviet Union.
She toured most of the capitals with a briefcase containing a map of gloom and doom future Europe. Sure did try with Miterrand.
Luckily, for once le eternal Anglo's nefarious plans failed.

she unironically always carried a map of the german reich in her purse with her

british obsession with us is scary

east germany was way better when it was communist

France was opposed too, we were forced to agree to do the euro in exchange fof France's approval
the only ones who really supported German reunification were the Americans

I love America so much bros

Attached: 16523112312.jpg (1200x1171, 111.71K)

What the fuck are you talking about, they managed to become orwellian before the smartphone age

big germany

Attached: quote-i-love-germany-so-much-i-m-glad-there-are-two-of-them-francois-mauriac-64-66-98.jpg (850x400, 49.35K)

>Gott im Himmel Fritz, der Klassiker is on the Scheissensehen, I don't want to miss Felix Arschewitz he's a big signing from Ballensportsverein

>what is Austria

now dress up as a woman and do the funny walk for the triumvirate of epic british humo_r

It was quite funny nonetheless. Stereotypes check out themselves haha.

not Germany

Attached: 4643743736.jpg (249x249, 16.93K)

youtube.com/watch?v=0IDop4kzFjI

Attached: 1582646341394.gif (354x286, 53.29K)

Based

>France was opposed too
no... Miterrand wasn't especially keen, but not against either. In the end he agreed provided that further European integration took place.

>we were forced to agree to do the euro in exchange fof France's approval
we hear/read that a lot and I used to believe it, but now I doubt it. Schäuble vehemently denied it when the press came up with that story.

>Americans
yeah, it was rollback of their enemy and moving their military towards the Soviet Union so of course they would support that.

>moving their military towards the Soviet Union
there are no foreign troops in what used to be East Germany, that was a demand the Soviets made before leaving

Yeah but now they just could move there in a matter of hours, before they would have had to fight in the ever-famous Fulda Gap.
That's something we used to hear a lot about, the Fulda Gap.
German reunification made it disappear overnight - never heard of it again, even once, in 30 years.