Would you visit Brazil’s most murderous city: São João do Jaguaribe, Ceará?

Would you visit Brazil’s most murderous city: São João do Jaguaribe, Ceará?

Attached: F0105870-006E-4DC7-9194-AE687883BF25.jpg (640x480, 53.9K)

That's clearly a town. Seems comfy too

Looks kind of small, more like a town to me. Why is it so dangerous?

where is the line between town and city?

Idk cities are bigger

We don’t differentiate between cities and towns

As to why it’s violent: gunslingers shooting down local corrupt politicians

>We don’t differentiate between cities and towns
but why?

the urban center of every municipality is called "cidade" no matter its size. So if it has a mayor it is a city

we just don’t use that geopolitical division

City = urban area with mayor and local legislature, regardless of size. Inside cities you can have districts, villages etc.

So if I buy a farm in Brazil and invite a bunch of hot big butt light skinned Brazilian sluts to live with me for free and declare myself their mayor can I legally write a law forcing them to let me fuck and impregnate them

>the urban center of every municipality is called "cidade" no matter its size.

...why...?

yeah here where I live if there's a smaller urban settlement in a district we call it "povoado", it's the closest to the concept of town I think

Attached: foto-marcos-alfredo-distritos-humaita-de-minas.jpg (800x445, 61.99K)

it's probably one of those isolated towns where people enforce the law by themselves and shit is decided by who can shoot faster.
There's a lot of these kinds of towns near the border

no, you need state and federal laws creating your municipality

because this is how it's written in the constitution, simple as

stop doing it.

you what

i mean, how do you stop narcos from just taking over then

Yes

My intention is to die. I may end up in a rekt thread on Any Forums.

Because of the republic

Before we had hamlet (Aldeia) and then villages (Vilas) for them to be a city (Cidade)

>wild west in America
>romantic and honorable

>wild west in Brazil
>crime ridden shithole

No. Creating a new city requires a state law to be passed and a federal law allowing it. We don't have such a federal law at the moment which is why no cities can be created right now.

And if you were to create a city, you'd have to respect the federal constitution, dummy. Local legislations can only make laws about local issues, such as administrative law. It can't create civil/criminal codes. ;)

Attached: 95c.jpg (233x216, 9.13K)

why would they take them over? population in these towns are in the hundreds and they're situated in the middle of nowhere.
we suffer

In some countries it's official (e.g. the UK, the Netherlands, Belgium, Luxembourg, Thailand, and some US states), in others it's just cities are bigger colloquially
In the UK people are very anal about whether something is officially a city or not. But in e.g. Australia I imagine not so.

Officially we only have municipalities
The terms municipality and city are often used interchangeably here
A municipality does not exactly coincide with a city, because city comprises only the urban area of a municipality, but the municipality itself can also have a rural area, in fact most do

I know
t. can name about 500 municipalities in Brazil

Brazil also has officially defined "metropolitan areas" - which are pretty normal for most states but Alagoas and Paraiba literally give that status to all their major towns.

Attached: bresil.png (883x886, 171.54K)