/lang/ Language Learning General

izdanje papuy novoj gvinei
late bake subedish
>What language(s) are you learning?
>Share language learning experiences!
>Ask questions about your target language!
>Help people who want to learn a new language!
>Participate in translation challenges or make your own!
>Make frens!

Read this shit some damn time:
4chanint.fandom.com/wiki/The_Official_Any Forums_How_to_Learn_A_Foreign_Language_Guide_Wiki

[UPDATED] Totally not a virus, but rather, lots of free books on languages:
Older version:mega.nz/#F!x4VG3DRL!lqecF4q2ywojGLE0O8cu4A
Newer version:mega.nz/folder/INlRkAQC#CthKI9-_kmDNyrOx12Ojbw

Lots of books on linguistics of various kinds, as well as language courses:
mega.nz/#F!Ad8DkLoI!jj_mdUDX_ay-8D9l3-DbnQ

Check this pastebin for plenty of language resources as well as some nice image guides:
pastebin.com/ACEmVqua

Torrents with more resources than you'll ever need for 30 plus languages:
web.archive.org/web/20200316222401/https://yuki.la/t/796928

List of trackers for most language learning packs:
files.catbox.moe/nmrn8x.txt

Ukrainianon's list of commercial courses from rutracker.org:
pastebin.com/3EWMhSPN

Russianon's list of comprehensible input resources:
docs.google.com/document/d/1wXd0V32TjCFsr1-F_en_lA4MI-i7JtyYf26cWLtPRec

Pastebin that archives challenges:
pastebin.com/u/jopiepoliste/1/dMvKSQMw?sort=-name

FAQ U:
>How do I learn a language? What is the best way to learn one? How should I improve on certain aspects?
Read the damn wiki
>Should I learn lang Y so I can learn lang X?
Yes definitely
>What is the most useful language?
Tok Pisin
>What language should I learn?
Tok Shitin

old below

Attached: delete.png (1451x759, 133.04K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/74Qi0e8SyfA
youtu.be/CcMa-4afu2E?t=93
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

上一版:上一挑战:

KDJE jest moj brat
kīma piqdātim ina ūm maḫrêm u ūmim erbītim īšu, ana Waršawa ana 5 ūmī allak
dūkanni

oh wow our based comrade just started another /lang/ thread
social credit +5

absolutely seething

how come? im really happy for you :)

oh no no no no pvt gomez couldnt learn his weeb massas language

you welcome mate x

how are things in japan? heard you guys have a heat wave

Same thing
Have you heard air conditioner? its really a good invention

don't have one yet, but gonna get one this year
hope you've got one though

thats frustrating
ive got one, like 20 years ago, i do hope you can afford it some day

yeah, but we don't need them here like you guys do, we get to take our blazers off at work without losing face and everything

Then you should not get one like you said its unnecessary
wearing uniform is not mandatory here but we love to keep us clean and tidy

For those of you learning Mandarin, keep in mind there are essentially 2 versions; a simplistic version and a more complex version.

In Chinese, there are several different ways to say the exact same thing. Even if the topic at hand is an extremely complex one, you can say it simply, and vice versa. Vid related is someone speaking in a very simple way (ignore the political connotation if you wish; i only got the idea to make this post after watching it, idc about his message):

youtu.be/74Qi0e8SyfA

He's still speaking Chinese; everything he's saying is 100% gramatically correct, but he's using the most simple words/phrases to get his point across. You'll hear this style of Chinese all the time on the streets when random people are talking to each other, or among people who speak Mandarin as a second language (the guy in the video is from Hong Kong). I can understand this guy perfectly, 100%, no subtitles needed at all.

youtu.be/CcMa-4afu2E?t=93

In this video, Xi is speaking in a very formal way. He's using a lot of complex compound words and phrases, and even if you study Chinese for years, you might not be able to pick up on everything he's saying. This style of speaking is used in formal settings like speeches, news reports, and TV and movies. Even though I'm Chinese, I can barely understand this complex speaking style, and my Chinese is actually really good compared to other ABCs.

>tldr; even if you become fluent in Chinese, you might not be able to understand a single word someone says. But if your only goal is to communicate with Chinese people, then all you need is the simple version of speaking.

Attached: file.png (600x600, 426.2K)

гoмoceкc

I'm getting it so my dogs don't suffer in the summer, it gets quite hot for them

zdravo

zdravo brate, kak v latviji

Buy A/C for your dogs? You must be very kind and generous
Lately I heard some rumours about Chairman Xi put Uyghur people into concentration camp and force them to work, is that true?

yeah, it's fucked up, thankfully I'm not chinese so I don't have to deal with any shame about that
speaking of shameful shit, you heard about this thing called the nanjing massacre?

I just realised some German words are actually calques of Latin, then suddenly everything started to click in.

Ausnahme, aus- + nehmen, from exception, ex- + capiō (to take)
Ausgabe, aus- + geben, from edition, ex- + dō (to give)

like why can't they just borrow the word itself? imagine the word 'outtook' or 'outgave' in English, sounds quite silly innit?

We apologised and Chairman mao forgave us he said without our help ccp cant beat kmt off we have no idea why chinks still hate us