Europeans call Indians savages for burning widows but they literally burnt women by accusing them of witchcraft...

Europeans call Indians savages for burning widows but they literally burnt women by accusing them of witchcraft. And unlike sati, witch burning was not voluntary. Widows could opt out of sati provided they agreed to not marry someone else.

Attached: nationalherald_2019-06_7f48482c-1564-4df7-b516-d59a05502b50_yashwant_sinha.jpg (960x540, 51.47K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tu_quoque
myredditnudes.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I don't know about other parts of Europe, here Indians have a reputation for being calm and nice people.

This is baby's first redpill. I realised this in high school where they spend a chapter about the social evils of India and they treated Sati as something unparalleled when it was mostly voluntary and there's plenty of examples of other civilisations also putting women at the fire stake.

Indians here are usually docile and tight but get weird around women

>sati
>voluntary

Massive cope. Also the difference is yuros became more evolved and ended witch burning themselves. Indians had to be civilized and even then it still happened after brits outlawed it.

If you think sati was always voluntary then I've got a bridge to sell you chief

Indian hate is just online, they aren't getting beaten in the streets like the Chinese or getting shot by the police

what does it mean to call someone "thigh"

???
A thigh is a part of your leg

>double standard means bride burning good and voluntary

Attached: 1643994138145.png (427x400, 7.26K)

yeah yeah I misspelled the word what does it mean

By the 19th century witch paranoia in europe was dead. These practices were happening in completely differently eras.

This is comparing 1830s india to 1600s europe.

It's pretty racist to assume all pajeets practiced sati

Why are brownoids too dumb to understand logical fallacies?
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tu_quoque

It's from the josh Luna meme "docile and tight"
But in slang it means something is cool, like "that car is tight"

>History is a linear marathon towards progress
I would soyquote you if I cared enough to dowload a soyjack rn

You stole that pic from my milf thread. Give it back.

Chinese banned footbinding on their own. I would rather have an isolated practice for a hundred more than picrel

Attached: images (3) (30).jpg (590x409, 31.22K)

His argument stops being fallacious if we remember that Europeans use these things to paint themselves as superior civillized pypo

hmmm

Europeans are superior, you can't deny that. If now everything is going to shit then that's a different reason but it's not like we are here by pure luck.

We had Women's suffrage from our first constitution. Why didn't the Europeans go civilise the barbaric Swiss?

Attached: images (3) (31).jpg (664x462, 42.72K)

>it's not like we are here by pure luck
it literally was pure luck

Yep, the Marathas and Mughals both had discouraged Sati under their rule. Even as early as the 1670s, talks were in to ban the custom.

Your country is a shit hole and the US and Canada aren't. Even this is luck?

>ignoring that it was missionaries and christian chinese who pushed the hardest to end foot binding

Massive cope again

Europeans were superior for what 300 years? lmao. Your time is over cumskins

Shut up roastie

You would know the answer for that if you weren't just a lazy fuck picking the literal easiest explanation possible

There was still public executions happening in Europe well after the 1600's

>On March 28,1757 Damiens was fetched from jail. He supposedly said “The day will be hard” and how right he was.

>He was initially tortured in where his legs were painfully compressed by devices called “boots”. The tortured then continued with red-hot pincers; the hand with which he had used to hold the knife during the assassination attempt was burned using sulfur. Then molten wax, molten lead, and boiling oil were poured into his wounds.

>He was sentenced to death by drawing and quartering and was subsequently brought to the royal executioner, Charles Henri Sanson, who harnessed horses to Damiens’s arms and legs to be dismembered. Damiens’ limbs however,did not separate easily: the officiants ordered Sanson to cut Damiens’ tendons, and once that was done the horses were able to perform the dismemberment.Once Damiens was dismembered, to the applause of the crowd, his reportedly still-living torso was burnt at the stake.

the difference is that you still do it

to*

Was he a witch

Executing people for attempting to kill the king is not the same as burning innocent women for superstitious reasons.

>sati
Never heard about it.
Don't really care about it.
Doesn't change my opinion on Indians in any way.

But witch burnings were exceedingly rare and they were a punishment for crimes.

I did a bunch of research on Sati recently, apparently the practice was basically unknown to 99% of Indians outside of certain endogamous Brahmin castes in North India, for like 2000+ years. Sati didn't make it into the mainstream vocabulary until the british raj started making tons of laws to outlaw it, mostly as a way to draw attention to an otherwise fringe extreme practice.
The writing we have about Sati seems to suggest that it started in 700 CE and was confined to north india/nepal for thousands of years after. Even in the 1800s we only see that Sati was practiced by some random Rajput clans and it was a massive spectacle due to its rarity.

>But witch burnings were exceedingly rare
LOL