Is it an American thing to not "be able to swim"? I have never heard of anyone not being able to in real life...

Is it an American thing to not "be able to swim"? I have never heard of anyone not being able to in real life, and I can't even comprehend how someone cannot. It's even easier than walking, the body floats by itself and you just use your limbs to push water back, that's it. How do Americans drown as soon as they touch water?

Attached: drowning.jpg (626x417, 111.49K)

You're forgetting a hyphenation to "American"

youre missing one very important detail...

seriously. in the sims if the pool doesn't have a ladder it dies almost immediately. does this actually happen in american pools?

I don't get it either. I'm not a great swimmer but in my swim classes when I was young they made us hold onto the edge of the pool and acted like it was too dangerous or difficult to just tread water on our own

I have no coordination and I could still immediately do it on my own without being told how

On the 22th of July in 2011 during the mass shooting on the Utøya island HUNDREDS were forced to swim over 500 meters, and only ONE drowned and he had glandular fever. i shudder to think if that happened in america

>muh basketball americans
even 1/3 of "white" americans can't swim

americans don't walk they just use cars
americans don't swim they just use boats

Attached: 1654379873359.jpg (1000x1000, 55.91K)

I cant swim :D

I have never met anyone who can't swim.

threading on the water is actually difficult, swimming isn't at all for some reason

i have never met a white person who cant swim. conversely i have only met 2 black people who CAN swim and i grew up in chicago so my sample size is massive

anecdotal evidence and selection bias are a thing user
also pretty funny they use the words "only" before 42%
but yeah i won't deny that your melanin enriched countrymen can't swim for shit

Attached: 1655669153052.jpg (1170x1661, 661.5K)

I think thirdies who live inland can't swim unless they grew up next to a lake or something.

why is this? Why nobody teaches black kids how to swim in the US? Don't they have swimming classes in school? Is it because they can't afford to pay entrance in places with swimming pools?

Attached: c263tnj9j_2yh0isi2ou_file.jpg (460x305, 43.81K)

1. Shitty schools don't have money to arrange trips to the pool.
2. Even schools that do some swimming lessons, they do the absolute minimum.
3. Middle class families pay the city recreation centres for group swimming lessons. This requires not only several hundred dollars per kid but also a parent to drop off and pick up kids with car since nothing is accessible by foot or bike in American and Canadian cities.
4. Financially poor people and immigrants who lack access to information about such programs (due to not speaking English fluently or just being too new and not knowing who provides what kinds of education services and when kids are generally expected to be enrolled in such programs) are completely shut out of extracurricular programs such as swimming.

just go to the lake nigga
even if you’re a turbo nigger in toronto or chicago the lake is right there

only rural kids are really going to learn how to swim this way, if their parents care to teach and don't let them drown alone

Attached: 5b62868d-ac6c-45d7-818e-061337aa20c5.jpg (232x350, 36.46K)

they don't have lakes in America and much of country is desert so no one needs to swim ever so they do not learn

learning how to swim in school is communism

It costs money to go to the lake unless you're a richfag who can afford a $10M lakefront house.

>one
actually two...sudacas can't swim either