How big is football in your country?

How seriously do people take the beautiful game? What team do you support? (Glasgow Celtic for me)

Attached: 1653518354859.jpg (632x416, 30.71K)

The normal Brazilian cares more about the world cup and brasileirão than presidential elections
As a high IQ citizen, I support Fluminense FC

Botafogo chads rise up

Attached: 10 meses.jpg (720x494, 75.17K)

Pague as duas série B que deve ao futebol brasileiro imediatamente

Você não era nem nascido a última vez que o Fluzão foi rebaixado

If religion is the opium of people, soccer is the copium

Not very, there are a few regions where football is popular but it's mostly just upper middle class urban zoomers like me who follow foreign teams.

Attached: images.jpg (564x543, 31.67K)

Mexicans are not very good at it anyway

One of the only countries in the world where it's not popular

Attached: 1551916423188.png (1357x772, 61.33K)

This isn't true for us btw our second most played sport is probably badminton and the second most watched is Kabaddi

The clubs have foreigners

How popular is field hockey? I heard it was officially recognised as India's national sport, even if cricket was considerably more popular?

American's soccer league is for Reddit Americans who feel they're "citizens of the world" and wanna cuck to the global community

Ironically, that's the same role NFL, NBA and MLB fill here
Ice hockey's way less popular, which is ironic as it's by far the best of the four 'American' sports

I've come to realize it's not actually all that popular. People talk about it but they don't seem to really watch or play it much at any serious level. Stadiums are 90% empty for almost all games

Hockey is the most fun to watch but only a limited number of Americans live in a state cold enough to actually play. That's why we import so many Canadians and Scandis. Most of us grow up playing Baseball

Hockey isn't really an " American sport". It's played in like 6 states and the leaugw has like twice as many Canadian players than American players. Popularity wise it's probably below soccer there by now

>NFL
90-95% of the leauges players are Americans
>NBA and MLB
75% of the leauge's players are Americans
>NHL
25-30% of the leauge's players are American

Just for some context

I don't know much about it but the gist of it is that it was popular enough to almost challenge cricket one point but fell off subsequently, with recent resurgence of the team especially in the 2020 Olympics it's gaining some popularity again.

SANTOS FUTEBOL CLUBE, the greatest brazilian team of all time.

Popular for girls
Boys outgrow it by age 12 or turn gay

Dont other countries get bored watching and talking about the same sport
In america theres multiple for different parts of the year so its always fresh