The Ghanaian former UN secretary general, while a student in the United States...

>The Ghanaian former UN secretary general, while a student in the United States, visited the South at the height of the civil rights movement. He was in need of a haircut, but this being the Jim Crow era, a white barber told him "I do not cut nigger hair." To which Kofi Annan promptly replied "I am not a nigger, I am an African." The anecdote, as narrated in Stanley Meisler's Kofi Annan: A Man of Peace in a World of War, ends with him getting his hair cut.

Attached: file.png (318x159, 32.18K)

Other urls found in this thread:

instagram.com/explore/tags/gasykamanja/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I forgot: Discuss.

How's Madagascar
Are there exotic animals
Are you Blasian?

Attached: 1613152702324.jpg (258x245, 12.45K)

>How's Madagascar
Third world.
>Are there exotic animals
Yes, many.
>Are you Blasian?
Yes.

ok post malagasy women please bro

I always cut my own hair and I'm not even a nigger

instagram.com/explore/tags/gasykamanja/

Here is your hashtag. Thank me later.

i will think of you when i coom

thanks bro.

were it not for this post I would've thought OP was belarusian

This quote doesn't really clarify if Kofi Annan saw himself and all other blacks as African, or himself distinguished from (and possibly superior to) the niggers.

Madagascar seems like a cool country.
Have been learning French for the last years, is it still useful over there?

Sure. Most educated people speak french fluently or partially.

How many white people do you see around there?

None, but I see some at the University.
We have a lot of Chineses and Pakis though.

This post has the virtue of making me smile for the first time since I've been in this pigsty. Thanks user
this

Do you study and if yes, what subject, if no, what is your job?
What are popular past times in Madagascar?

Let's say I'm majoring Physics.
During holidays, I would say the most popular pastime here are music concerts. I generally don't like those because modern music is just American or African knock-off music. There are no Malagasy specific pastime that I am aware of, at least in the capital.

What are Pakis doing there??

nice.
Have always wondered if these african counts will eventually drop French for English.
But I guess it's too ingrained?

Thanks for your replies.
Sometimes one would think that people in special places have special pasttimes, but stuff like listening to music or team sports are really the thing, basically everywhere.
I am also a student, biology related. There was a course some time ago where animal and parasite biologists would travel to Madagascar for science.

i respect all african people, on the other hand i hate niggers and the rest of the americans.

We speak Malagasy all the time, we just use French for education and administration. There is no downsides in speaking two languages, in my opinion.

Business, they control half of the economy of Madagascar.