There is literally 0 logical reason to be religious in the modern world

Religion was made with the purpose of creating a civilization not preserving it

Attached: 1620034485196.jpg (400x366, 16.16K)

Other urls found in this thread:

jw.org/en/bible-teachings/teenagers/what-your-peers-say/why-believe-in-god/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

polish intelectuals

There are . To preserve morality in society. The lack of morality left by the abandonment of religion has not really been replaced by any kind of secular morality in society. Probably 25% of zoomers are fucking nihilists.

I'm religious because God is real, not because of any supposed social benefit

there are several logical reasons. To have a sense of community, to cultivate a sense of spirituality, to provide comfort during difficult times

Unfortunately most people are stupid and ignorant and stick with whatever religious BS they've been indoctrinated with during their childhood, even if it makes zero sense logically. It's not even that their institutionalized religion makes no sense; it completely fucks up their ability to think logically and critically as I experienced with every religious person I've ever met.

Making laws against religious indoctrination of minors would've been a good start if we want to propel society to the 21st century.

Religion is one of the fundamental values that civilization (or any organization of human activity) stands on, same as other myths. We need to have myths in order to function as a civilization and to be different from animal packs

The issue is not religion per se, but believing in a literal ghost being in the skies who created people out of mud and will torment you if you dont live according to his arbitrary set of rules

I.e. xtians, muslims, jews

I am an atheist and a nihilist and I don't want to murder, steal, rape or hurt individuals in general. If religious morality is the only thing holding you back from doing all of these then I'm worried.

religion is a cope by people to deal with the fact there's nothing after death. No afterlife, nothing. Just oblivion.

Exactly, you can just follow a philosophy of a religion, without all the magical stuff, and be perfectly rational and logically consistent.

You have a too bright view of people and morality in the past.
This. Like 95 percent of people just follow the religion of their parents. This is the biggest practical argument against religions being about truth and rarely mentioned for some reason.

>religion is a cope by people to deal with the fact there's nothing after death. No afterlife, nothing. Just oblivion.
how do you know? Sounds like you're making this assertion based on faith alone, which sounds religious to me

Any sort of thing we experience has to be processed in your brain, when you die, your brain stops functioning and rots away, no brain, no consciousness, no individual. Don't have to be a rocket scientist to figure that out.

how do you explain the fact that near-death experiences occur even despite when the brain stops functioning? This strongly implies that explanations you have provided are completely inadequate and wrong

>If religious morality is the only thing holding you back from doing all of these then I'm worried.

Nah. I am agnostic. And I abide by my own morality. It's kind of liberating to act on what you consider right regardless of what other people thinks. You know you tried to do good even when other people despise you or think that you fucked up.

>and I don't want to murder, steal, rape or hurt individuals in general.

Good for everyone, the issue is that other people will act on every impulse or thing they desire without any kind of morality and some of them wont even feel remorse. You need some kind of values on soceity to stop that kind of people. Otherwise they flourish parasiting everyone and flood the gene pool.

I kind of despise nihilists. I am behind computer, so I doubt I can change your opinions about morality. So , have a happy life devoid of morality I guess. : /

>brain is responsible for processing everything
>brain gets in a weird state do to damage or drugs, etc
>we experience an unusual state
or are you implying real angels fly down from heaven after you get brain damage

All the magical stuff and wonders had to be incorporated into religion to convince the masses. You would have problems as a missionary if you tried to convert some peasants through long conversations about how religion is meant to work as glue for the society, set moral norms etc etc. Plebs of the past just didn't bother with such things. Remember that people like Spinoza would publicly reject Biblical wonders because it does not fit into the rational picture
Now that most people have at least high school education and have a general idea about how things work, we can move on and put all the magic into the same category as greek mythology, while keeping the practical uses. It's going to take a while though

m8, near death experiences occur even when the brain ceases functioning during a coma or being anaesthetized. Humans are documented to experience things despite being effectively brain-dead. Don't strawman the phenomena as just being high. The honest thing to do is accept that it's a mystery and claiming oblivion after death is just as much a religious sentiment as claim there's a heaven

Brainlet take

>God is real
as in christian one or the unknown one?

I confess I'm uncertain with all the religions and denominations but I do believe there is more to this world than material realm we see by experience

@all the anons in this thread, you cant make people "act religious" unless they have genuine belief.
otherwise, you wouldnt be seeing the rapid decrease in religiosity in developed countries...

These teenagers have already proven God's existence beyond a doubt

jw.org/en/bible-teachings/teenagers/what-your-peers-say/why-believe-in-god/

Religions are just cultural viruses. If one pops up with the right attributes it spreads and contaminates everything.

He's talking about Waluigi

Attached: 1vsS2u0l_400x400.jpg (358x358, 31.39K)

Fuck off Lara I'm not going to convert

Why don't you want salvation ?

The brain doesn't stop functioning during a coma or anesthesia. Everything we experience is through our brain. Our brain will behave differently if it was damaged or injected with chemicals. It's the organ responsible for experiencing reality and if that organ isn't working properly we will experience reality differently.

Good for you, but 99% of the people throughout history did not get to learn the value of human life from numerous books, they just couldn't read. So they had to be organized with religion

Dumb pedo defender.

but muh magick

?

I am not catholic