Do Italians really live at home till 40?

Do Italians really live at home till 40?

Attached: 1562202927802s.jpg (231x218, 7.73K)

My Italian father lived with his mother until his mid 30s. That only ended because he got my then 19yo mother pregnant (accidentally) and had to start a whole new life. My grandma was an amazing cook, she would cook him Italian food, Japanese, Arab, French, etc. And she was a very loving and reasonable person, who gave her kids no reason to move out, they had jobs and a room of their own in their childhood home.

It's more like until you marry. If you never get married it's not unusual to keep living with your parents till they die.

what is the impediment to living in your own place?

Your mommy's greasy ass keeps me from walking out the door

There's no "impediment" most of the time, it just makes sense financially and socially.
This is something that germanics seem to not get but living alone is usually considered depressing af and having flatmates can be stressful.

Also I don't get why we get so much shit for it when it's literally the norm EVERYWHERE but Anglo-germanic cunts.

That explains why Italians have more savings than us.

I moved in with my family at 28 to save money and I find that extremely depressing.

In the Netherlands no one cares about what you do. Its Dutch culture not to give a shit about what other people do.

That's because you see that as a failure.
If you can afford to live alone but decide to stay with your family because you don't want to waste money on rent and to not be alone I don't understand what would be so depressing about it.

Also very often people buy flats in the same building as their parents.

But it's not really about living alone, it's just a necessity if you want to study or get a job that isn't shit. I couldn't even stay at my parents' house if I wanted to, there are no jobs there, the commute to school and work would take hours every day

Here all students get a free public transportation card so they can take the bus or train to the universities in the cities. While living at home.

>But it's not really about living alone
It is for a lot of people
>if you want to study or get a job
Well people often move for college and work. But if you already live in a major city it's common to just stay with your parents.

I don't really see it as a failure. I would just rather be on my own.

I checked it and it would be a total of 3 hours of public transport every day from my parents house to school and then all the other people live closer to the university and can have fun every day

Sovl

3 hours with the train from here and you're in Paris.

>I would just rather be on my own.
Well as I said you guys just don't get it.

I live in an apartment with my sister in the city centre. It’s actually nice living with her and our apartment is really spacious.

I think public transportation is way worse here. I was lucky enough to be able to study in city closest to me and even then it's practically impossible to stay with them because they live on the outskirts. Most people aren't as lucky and study in another city half the country away

However in Stockholm it's pretty common for young people to stay at home because public transportation is good and the housing market is shit. But it's also mostly young men who stay at home because of housing discrimination

>norwegians having sex with their sisters part 36 electric boogaloo