What the fuck Spain defaulted EIGHTEEN times in its history and they are still standing

Spain i kneel you truly are the king of the MEDs

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_sovereign_debt_crises

Attached: powerfulspain.png (667x1065, 129.76K)

Hispania sama i kneel

Attached: iknee.png (335x506, 253K)

bump

Adam Smith claims it's because Spain fucked itself with gold. They spent a lot of money and energy trying to hoard gold and prevent its export from Spain, but all that did was devalue gold in Spain, meaning their exports, priced in gold, became more expensive and their imports cheaper. So Spanish producers faced unfair competition from foreign imports that were only cheap because of the retarded monetary policies of the Spanish king.

According to the maddison project we were richer than most of europe at the time anyway.

what about the other seventeen times

It says citation needed for all the 1800s ones but I believe it because we were Syria-tier at the time

I don't understand how we manage to remain as a country after those eras of instability, any other country would have collapsed. Anyway, I hope one day we manage to end all of these internal confrontations, which are our main cancer, to go in the same direction: making Spain great again through honesty, work, peace and critical thinking.

thanks God for Franco he legit gave Spain a century of stability in the long run

You really only need France to not hate you, other than them no one can touch you

Spain has been shooting itself in the foot since its inception but it has never died. Not even the strongest tardigrade could survive what Spain has done to itself

Authoritarism?

the real redpill is that when comes to big country you need some decades of authoritarianism to straighten some loose screws
then once you grow you become democratic and when shit happens you once again use some authoritarianism for the greater good of your people this is because the nature of the world is like this

small country like yours is naturally cohese so you cant understand this

argentina does this too,but every 10-20 years

the apple doesnt fall that far away from the tree you know

>but every 10-20 years
More like every 10-20 weeks

do you love argentina

In our case it was due to wars with other countries, gold inflation, and civil wars. In their case is retarded protectionist economic policies and high taxes (in proportion to their average salary) that their garbage politicians keep imposing.

>in their case
bro...

It's lowkey hilarious/depressing how the 18th century is basically just a tale of Britain winning because they figured out financial voodoo and the Bank of England being well managed.

The ones I've met are friendly and great people but there's some kind of nation-wide mental illness because they're all slightly off. They act normal at first glance but then once you befriend them the cover comes off and you drown in their autism. I talked to an Argentine girl who looked like a normal person at first glance until she started sending me pictures of Touhou plushies in random situations

what do you expect? that spanish would just disappear when they default?

Marry her.

Also pretty much Spain slowly but surely imploting onto itself due to retarded Rapesburg handling of the economy.