Why aren't Italians orthodox Christians...

Why aren't Italians orthodox Christians, now that they have access to the Internet and can see that their translation of the Greek bible is wrong?

Attached: 1655446463415.jpg (2048x1139, 340.72K)

Because of the pope being where he is

where is the error?

Most Catholics do not think deeply about theological issues and don’t think they matter. That’s probably the most Catholic thing about them. You can let your entire religion collapse into monism or polytheism and think it doesn’t make a difference because as far as you care it justifies your veneration of whatever Saint you like to venerate.

And appropriately Papal doctrine is dissolving whatever remained of the Catholic church so they’ll be clinging to the leader of nothing

Both pretty true. Being Catholic is more of a cultural thing in Italy than it is being actually invested in the religion and being devoted.

Why don't you convert to catholicism? Orthodoxy is considered kind of a meme here, not a serious institution.

Probably because of all the Catholic propaganda.

We should all go back to paganism to be honest

No it's because you do the same shit we do but a bit differently, in a bad way. We consider you like something between christians and muslims, and it's said that you never read the gospels. I'm sorry man

They are, now that romanian and albanian migrants have established an exarchate the size of millions in the italian peninsula. Liturgies are done very frequently in Italian from switzerland to abruzzi, and are drawing converts. The same in America, where Catholicism is simply drying up.

sounds like you drank a lot of kool aide
anyways no need to encourage others to partake in your same mistakes

First of all, you can’t just “go back” to paganism. What that would even mean isn’t clear but regardless, we could assume it’s absurd because there are so many problems with that I don’t even know where to start. Second, whatever it is that people are longing for in perceived ancient European paganism is retained and purified in the Christian church. This is a major failing of the Catholic Church and Protestant mind rot. The Church has never maintained that certain aspects of pagan natural religion aren’t real. In fact, it affirms many of those aspects. What the Church does is assert that despite their reality, they are aspects of the created order and are conquered by the creator God and for that reason worship of pagan idols is idolatrous. And in fact we find realities of the Christian faith scattered all across the ancient pagan world. If anything, Christianity is validated by ancient pagan rites and philosophy and the natural religion.

Orthodox Christians don’t have a Papal monarchy and in fact Orthodox Church is much closer to the ancient church that was practiced in Italy before the office of the Pope, before it usurped imperial power, and even before Vatican 1 reformed the Church. Orthodoxy is closer to the ancient Catholic Church than the modern Roman Catholic Church.

The Greeks got it wrong originally.

Ancient Hebrew > ancient Greek > Latin > old English > a fucking confusing mess.

Lol lost in translation = Abrahamic god's word,
don't fuck goats for pleasure, instead cut off your foreskin

Yes but Christianity isn't racist enough

Old Testament was translated by Hellenistic Jews
New Testament was written in Greek

Based and racist ancient paganism never existed. The only sources we have about Odin tell us he was a Turk.

cringe ass larper

Then we should make a new form of paganism (or Christianity, though that's pretty much set in stone) that's racist

I'm not pagan dude, I'm just racist

And here they come, the famous "American orthodox" lecturing me on what is catholicism
I've been baptized as soon as I was born, I went to sunday school since I was a child as every Italian, I've been confirmed, I receive the communion during every mass and now a maniple of improvised christians which discovered orthodoxy from 4channel.org are telling me I'm in the wrong church, how does it sound?