Daily reminder that your country is uncultured subhuman if it's not mandatory to learn a classical langauge in school...

Daily reminder that your country is uncultured subhuman if it's not mandatory to learn a classical langauge in school such as Latin, Greek, Classical Chinese, Classical Arabic etc

Attached: 1655460417325~2.png (268x166, 46.77K)

Other urls found in this thread:

mondly.com/blog/2020/05/13/oldest-languages-world/
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brahmi_script
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spitzer_Manuscript
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

is chinese even that old?
i learned sanskrit for a few years in school btw

I mean Chinese has an older written history than Sanskrit.

Chinese characters are older than the oldest confirmed writing script for Sanskrit (Brahmi)

i find that extremely hard to believe for some reason

Hindutva nationalist shills are hard to reason with to be honest.

a quick google search says I am not wrong tho
mondly.com/blog/2020/05/13/oldest-languages-world/

I don’t know if what is true but I don’t doubt it.
Ancient Indian history/culture is shockingly poorly documented compared to East Asian ancient history. Chang/Gooks/Japs autistically wrote down EVERYTHING that happened. For ancient China, Korea and Japan there are extremely detailed records all the way down to accurate head counts for every individual army garrison in China but for India, a lot of blanks have to be manually filled since Jeets don’t seem to bother with writing anything down.

Classical Chinese is 2000 years old. About as old as classical Latin and Greek.
Sanskrit is about 1000 years or more older though

The oldest writing in India is the Brahmic script which was likely influenced by the Aramaic and Greek alphabet scripts. It was invented under the Mauryans by Ashoka the Great to spread Buddhism during the 3rd century BCE.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brahmi_script

In contrast, Chinese writing at the very least is older than 1600 BCE (Shang dynasty era oracle bone script).

China was a literate society before India was.

I was about to say why the fuck would I waste time learning latin, but when I saw your flag I understand why are you saying that dumb shit, it would be thousands of time more useful learning a stupid dead language than learning your horrible idiotic language copied from the chinese that is only useful for weebs.

The ancient Greek historian Megasthenes who was a diplomat who visited Mauryan-era India wrote that Indians were illiterate and did not know writing, and that their laws were based solely on memorized oral tradition.

>"The Indians all live frugally, especially when in camp. They dislike a great undisciplined multitude, and consequently they observe good order. Theft is of very rare occurrence. Megasthenes says that those who were in the camp of Sandrakottos, wherein lay 400,000 men, found that the thefts reported on any one day did not exceed the value of two hundred drachmae, and this among a people who have no written laws, but are ignorant of writing, and must therefore in all the business of life trust to memory."

you should read more

hmm interesting. is there any decent chink literature? Almost all of the notable old literature is either european, middle eastern or indian. what were they writing about then? how to get invaded?

There is a lot of great Chinese literature out there, like Water Margin and Dream of Red Chamber, etc.

> what were they writing about then? how to get invaded?

And India did not get invaded? Half of the Indian subcontinent is Muslim solely because of 1000 years of Turkic/Islamic rule.

Written Sanskrit only happened after Mauryan Empire but spoken Sanskrit is much older

A lot of accounts of India in antiquity are based on accounts of Chinese Buddhist monks who visited India like Fa-xian and Xuanzang because Chinese preserved written records much better than India did.

A lot of what we know about Gupta-era India is based on Chinese written accounts.

> There is a lot of great Chinese literature out there, like Water Margin and Dream of Red Chamber, etc.
why have I never heard of it before?

> And India did not get invaded?
yes, but we don't call them indian like how chinese say chink dynasty of some mongol

The Tao Te Ching, Analects of Confucius, Journey to the West (west being india), the Art of War, the other Art of War, normie shit etc etc

Point is, East Asian Confucianism was a hyper-literate society compared to the Indians who left vast century-long swaths of their info blank

education was only for the nobles in india iirc so that would make sense. Also, for literature what's chinese equivalent of the likes of bible, vedas, mahabharat, illiyad?, gilgamesh.

> The Tao Te Ching, Analects of Confucius, Journey to the West (west being india), the Art of War, the other Art of War
what are these books about? philosophy or just whatever?

Also Chinese preserved a lot more Indian Buddhist sutras much better than Indians did. A lot of Indian Sanskrit works regarding Buddhism are completely lost or fragmented in their original Sanskrit form and only exist in their translated Chinese copy.

Unironically some of the oldest Sanskrit literature is found in Turpan, China, just because China was able to preserve written records much better than anyone in China.

Ok let me dance salsa meanwhile you are learning a shit that you never going to use.
Wait wait you need learn that to talk to random fats at Any Forums

How do Indians cope with the fact that the oldest discovered Sanskrit extant text that has survived was literally found in China?

I am very certain that no one in india knows this random fact

>education was only for the nobles in india iirc
There’s actually a very wide degree of variation between how literate a lot of regions in India were/are.
For example Uttar Pradesh is a dirt poor shithole full of people that can’t write their own name but Arunachal Pradesh’s regional rulers/culture historically made literacy much more available to more castes and they still have a much higher literacy rate for the Indian average to this day.

Most Chinese books either talk about military strategy or how to keep a society and country harmonious so they don’t fall into gigantic civil war as they often did. Keep in mind that ‘may you live in interesting times’ is considered a threat in Chinese slang.

By talking about the Sanskrit oral tradition I assume

Compare written records in China to written records in India. We barely know anything about Indian firsthand written accounts of the Mauryan, Gupta, etc empires. What we know about these empires is mostly through distorted oral Indian tradition - and firsthand ancient Greek and Chinese accounts who wrote down what they witnessed in India

Ask any historian and they will attest that Indian historical written accounts are shockingly poor and lacking.

They would be happy because it shows outward influence