Is it normal in your country to say "please" or "thank you" at shops?

It isn't at mine. They're doing their job and I'm paying for it. There's no other "connection" between us. Neither of us cares. We have our own lives.

Some countries also apparently thank the bus driver before getting off at their spot. Why? Why do people in these countries care about this fake/unecessary politeness?

Attached: Connection.jpg (1078x937, 314.05K)

Its always americans with their shitty dumb brain

post feet

Damn i really am becoming a grumpy boomer, but when I read these posts all I think is why are young people so whiny and overdramatic nowadays?

>Some countries also apparently thank the bus driver before getting off at their spot
Wtf they're doing the "thank the bus driver" meme irl? Don't they know it's been dead for years?

I always dump my litter on the ground and have others clean it up for me

I pretty much always greet the cashiers back.

"Hello" and "Thank you" just happens automatically. You're probably autistic if it doesn't

They always greet me but I ignore them. I don’t even look in their direction.

I say Hey and Thanks at cucked stores like Trader Joe's.

At Aldi I say nothing at all. Based business.

I'm autistic and don't go out enough for that to be automatic for me but I don't see the problem with it or lack of it.

It depends on age and location. In Chicago only old people and white people say thanks to the driver. In Portland such interaction is the norm.

Saying please is way too fucking much but I usually say thank you or some other platitude at the end of an order because I'm not too autistic to understand politeness and it requires almost no effort. I don't tip counter service tho

Thank you yes
Please no, it's unnecessary

Companies like Starbucks try really hard to make the job suck less by ingraining the human element of their work into the wagie. People like the one's being complained about remind the wagie it's all bullshit and they're working a shitty job no one respects them for.

You could be a salesperson in a major fashion store and still nobody is going to hit on you.

There's no word such as "please" in finnish... but those other words I always say

Somewhere during the last five or so years grocery store employees, like people literally stacking the shelves, have adopted the custom of greeting anyone who walks within hearing distance of them. Fuck off I'm there to buy bread not to make friends with the guy who's shuffling boxes of cat food.

it's hardwired into me to say hello, please, thank you, I do it automatically

Why not? I bet they're lovely people and you could use some companionship

On the bus I greet the bus driver but that's it. It's basically etiquette where I live.
When I go to the store I greet the cashier, tell them that I don't need the receipt and then say thanks and fuck off.
It's an autopilot thing really. Who the fuck cares about "connecting". It's literally their job so what the fuck.

I'm always nice to the cashier and other employees of the shops, I always say 'hello' and 'have a good day' and sometimes we have small conversations
I mean they have to deal with all kinds of people, some of them are real assholes. it costs nothing to be nice to them

You don't thank your bus driver? Wow Finland really is autistic

Finland is realistic and practical. Why do those useless interactions? Some people do say thanks to the bus driver but it's rare and it's usually old people.

I do