Why is America the only country making fun movies anymore? Why did everyone else give up?

Why is America the only country making fun movies anymore? Why did everyone else give up?

Attached: top-gun-maverick_1-2000.jpg (2000x838, 235.98K)

It seems like film has been a mostly American thing for a long time. There’s a lot that goes into a good movie and America is the society which is probably most conducive to that, not least of all funding and technology.

What are some fun movies of recent years? I can't really think of any. No, the glory days of American cinema were the 1980s and 1990s. After that it went to shit.

>anymore
lol since when did any foreign countries make fun movies? it was just japan for a bit in the black/white era, itay in the 60s, hong kong in the 70s

I liked Knives Out

>No, the glory days of American cinema were the 1980s and 1990s. After that it went to shit.
Sadly this is true. 1999's The Mummy was the peak of American fun filmery. Now it's gone downhill since then. Everywhere else has reached rockbottom though. At least this movie was still great.

Attached: mummy chair.webm (608x256, 158.6K)

Blood Diamond?

Attached: rhodesia.jpg (750x413, 216.11K)

>There’s a lot that goes into a good movie and America is the society which is probably most conducive to that, not least of all funding and technology.
what are the other things and why do you think other countries can't do them

Only India makes fun movies

Attached: vikram-kamal-haasan-1200_1200x768.jpg (1200x675, 106.42K)

this

Everyone of note here just goes to work in america.

Not every country has a large concentration of jews to fund these types of movies.

What's going on in this movie that is so fun?

It seems like a lot of them do a ton of work for the BBC. Jodie Comer is gorgeous and talented, she should be spreading her wings more.

>to fund these types of movies

sums it up
I don't watch movies that aren't in english
only other countries that fund decent movies in english are uk and oddly enough france

russia made this

Attached: hh.jpg (1200x1600, 666.5K)

Do you mean comedy? I like British comedy, like The Gentlemen, don't like yours.

masked men, drugs giving superpowers, cpr to a baby

It’s not that they can’t do them but that America, historically, is simply more likely. An obvious one that nobody ever talks about is the connection between Hollywood and the intelligence agencies, bank funding, the fact that studios are necessarily corporations, the use of cutting edge film equipment. You could write books about this and I’m sure it’s been done.

Recommend such books pls