/lang/ - Language Learning General

Former Indochina ethnolinguistic map edition

>What language(s) are you learning?
>Share language learning experiences!
>Ask questions about your target language!
>Help people who want to learn a new language!
>Participate in translation challenges or make your own!
>Make frens!

Read this shit some damn time:
4chanint.fandom.com/wiki/The_Official_Any Forums_How_to_Learn_A_Foreign_Language_Guide_Wiki

[UPDATED] Totally not a virus, but rather, lots of free books on languages:
Older version:mega.nz/#F!x4VG3DRL!lqecF4q2ywojGLE0O8cu4A
Newer version:mega.nz/folder/INlRkAQC#CthKI9-_kmDNyrOx12Ojbw

Lots of books on linguistics of various kinds, as well as language courses:
mega.nz/#F!Ad8DkLoI!jj_mdUDX_ay-8D9l3-DbnQ

Check this pastebin for plenty of language resources as well as some nice image guides:
pastebin.com/ACEmVqua(embed)

Torrents with more resources than you'll ever need for 30 plus languages:
web.archive.org/web/20200316222401/https://yuki.la/t/796928

List of trackers for most language learning packs:
files.catbox.moe/nmrn8x.txt

Ukrainianon's list of commercial courses from rutracker.org:
pastebin.com/3EWMhSPN(embed)

Russianon's list of comprehensible input resources:
docs.google.com/document/d/1wXd0V32TjCFsr1-F_en_lA4MI-i7JtyYf26cWLtPRec

Pastebin that archives challenges:
pastebin.com/u/jopiepoliste/1/dMvKSQMw?sort=-name

FAQ U:
>How do I learn a language? What is the best way to learn one? How should I improve on certain aspects?
Read the damn wiki
>Should I learn lang Y so I can learn lang X?
No
>What is the most useful language?
Lao
>What language should I learn?
Muong

Old thread:
Old challenge(s):
404 Not Found

Attached: Ethnolinguistic_map_of_Indochina_1970.jpg (1200x1818, 497.32K)

anus

L'ano

Attached: download.png (225x225, 7.44K)

Are challenges dead?

I WILL RETURN!

Pronunciation challenge. Vocaroo yourself reading the following things in your TL. Post what language it's in so people know what to listen to.

>Easy
The months of the year.

>Medium
The Shahadah.

>Hard
The first chapter of The Little Prince.

Attached: microphone.png (1350x1621, 64.94K)

New Challenge:
>Write a paragraph in your TL on the following topic:
Easy:
>talk about the country in which your TL is spoken in.
Medium:
>talk about the history of standardization of your TL, and the government agencies/polices involved.
Hard:
>In your TL, write an short Essay on the following topic: Critic the rise of new-liberalist economic policies and its effect on the wider world, in your opinion is it generally a force for good or bad? If you had the power to change the current economic model, what would you do?

Writing Challenge: Broke Edition

>Easy

My house is small.

Me and my family are poor.

>Medium

Nobody in my neighborhood was able to afford groceries this week.

One Slavic person makes more money than all of my town combined, except for that Jewish guy on the other side of town, of course.

>Hard

Due to my country being a shithole, we are unable to afford food, water, gas, air conditioning, and slaves. We blame it on the war in Ukraine, but really, it is caused by an incoming, previously-hidden recession that will be worse than the likes of 2008. Nobody will be safe - not even that big-nosed individual that I have the unfortunate pleasure of knowing.

Attached: download.png (498x450, 7.29K)

do all three, this is your homework now.

I'll repost this until I get a response
French

bomp eet

Moj dom je maly
Ja i moja rodina jesmo bědni

Nikomu iz mojego susědstva v tej sedmicy ne starčilo na zakupki
Jedin Slovjan zarabotyva veče pěnezov niž vsi moj grad, naturalno kromě ovogo žida po drugoj straně grada

Didn't mean to reply to the vocaroo one, now i gotta do it, shit

Games Edition
Easy
>You are the hero.
>The hero must save the princess.
>Begin your journey.

Medium
>You can gain experience by defeating monsters.
>When you level up, you can increase your stats.
>Increase your strength in order to wield heavier weapons.

Hard
>The magician cast Fireball and wiped out the group of monsters. The magician gained 150 experience points. Level up. Intelligence increased by 2, Wisdom increased by 1. Please distribute your skill points.
>After a long day of adventuring the party was exhausted. With the sun setting above them, they set up camp and began preparing dinner, but when they least expected it they were ambushed by mountain bandits.
>The prudent adventurer must always carry these items in his rucksack. Holy Water, Medicinal Herbs, Antidote, Rope, and Torch. Along with these items, a weapon is needed. Most adventurers these days are too afraid to get up close and personal, so they opt for the bow and arrow.

Extra
>Talk about a game you've been playing recently.

>pali suli

ma mi li ma pi ike mute la mi mute li ken ala esun e moku e kon pi pana e seli e ilo pi pana e kon lete e jan ilo pi jan ante. mi mute li toki e ni: utala suli insa ma Lulawina li ike e ni. ni li lon ala. ni li ike tan ni la: tenpo ike li kama. tenpo pini la tenpo ike ni li lon kin, taso oni li ken ala lukin e ni. tenpo ike pi tenpo pini li ike, tenpo ike ni li ike mute mute. tempo kama la jan ala li pilin pona li pilin monsuta. mi sona e jan pi nena suli. jan ni li ala pilin pona kin.

Is increasing my English vocabulary by 1200 words a good feat?

Attached: 813nLpjORhL.jpg (1400x2166, 361.88K)

Hay muchos países hispanohablantes. El mayor es México. México tiene una historia muy vieja; los Aztecos, los Mayas, y los Olmecos eran las civilizaciones mas importantes en América antes de la colonización europea. México es hoy el origen de muchas personas en los EEUU. En mi opinión son los Mexicanos en mi país buenos trabajadores y muy simpáticos, pero no me gusta su música.

La Real Academía Española (RAE) estandardiza el idioma. Es una organización controversial, porque dice que muchas personas no hablan bien. Su ortografía es controversial también; por ejemplo, la RAE dice que "whiskey" debería ser "güisqui," pero normalmente escriben los hispanohablantes esta palabra como los ingleses. Pero en mi opinión, la RAE no es totalmente mala, y sea bueno, si inglés tendría mas regulaciones.

How would one go about learning church slavonic without knowing Russian? Are there any websites/resources in English to learn it?

how many words have you learned in english since you started posting here?

>mbogamboga
vegetables

>los aztecas, los olmecas
>Creo/Pienso que los mexicanos en mi país son...

>estandariza (it's estandarizar in Spanish)
>normalmente los hispanohablantes escriben esta palabra como los ingleses (although I believe you wanted to say angloparlantes).
>estaría bien que el inglés estuviera más regulado or sería bueno si el inglés se regularizara

Nothing wrong with saying "En mi opinión" but it is a word-for-word calque of English.

Now, going off-topic, RAE does not say people do not speak properly. Especially not when it comes to accents and such. It just presents a bunch of options for what should be considered Standard Spanish. Nowadays there's an effort to change the orthography so it suits most speakers, this includes the word guión losing the tilde, guion, because that's how most Mexicans pronounce it. On another topic, RAE, if I remember correctly is subordinated or works on the same level as ASALE, the association of Spanish language academies, so this standardization is only going to further develop. As for the example given, whiskey, I'm all for writing foreign words in a way that can be properly pronounced in Spanish. You could do the same in English with words like mosquito, habanero, jalapeño - moskeeto, abanero, halapenyo (the closest thing to ñ in English, like in canyon).

I don't know. I didn't log them on Anki, but my English has improved a lot since 2020

I found a website for all radio stations of the world. I am listening to USA radio stations as I am typing this. As someone who's C1 in English, do I have anything to gain by passively listening to US radio as I do passive shit throughout the day?