I used to think they were first worlders

I used to think they were first worlders

Attached: Flag_of_South_Africa.svg.png (1280x854, 26.59K)

why would you think that? they are statistically the most unequal society on earth

Cape Town looks like legit first world tho

Same

South Africa was on-par with the first world.

It's Africa's Detroit.

SA even had nuclear weapons, and they used to export electricity to other African countries.

Now they have rolling blackouts every day and nobody except for China wants to go to or invest in South Africa.

They're literally worse than us lol

SA was never first world, unless you think Brazil today is first world just because we export airplanes and electricity too.
At BEST, South Africa had some nice gated communities that had to be protected like a fucking fortress under siege. Otherwise, millions of the population habe been living in squalor and acting like criminals since Joburg was founded.

White South Africans were very close to with European levels of quality of life during apartheid of course life was a nightmare for everyone else

i think it was (compared to other cunts of the time)
idk why it went to shit

They still fairly are like that. Farm killings are overblown and even then, even if not "legal", White South African farmers own guns like Americans do.

The ANC is turning South Africa into a Cuba-tier cesspool.

This. Their country is really beautiful but honestly I see them as a worse Brazil

South Africa was Brazil-tier.

People with money have been leaving (just like in Cuba) due to the unstable political situation in South Africa.

you're just saying that because you made nukes with them as fellow apartheid states

Black people can't into civlization though

I don’t know much about SA history but they were always more unequal than us, no? Never had infrastructure or welfare and when the rich leave, they leave nothing. This is sad because they had potential, we’re together in BRICS and such. Hope they recover

My grandmother was a coin collector and one Christmas I had a category 5 kid chimpout when she sent me a 1oz Kruger rand gold coin instead of a toy.

It is very sad.
SA's economy has been stagnating and even declining considerably for years now.

Attached: Screen Shot 2022-06-25 at 12.35.07 PM.png (1061x551, 64.2K)

It went from a functional racist government to a non-functional corrupt government. It was handed over to a commie terrorists and commies do what they do best and fuck up a economy and plunge a country into the dark ages, and blame everyone else but themselves. Now you can't call out the ANC without being called a racist.

people only post top 0,1% cape town suburbs and ignore the fact half of south africans live in congo-tier slums
this has been the case for decades

It was a lost cause.

My family is very fortunate to have moved away from that place.

poor countries do communism to make themselves more poor but SA was seemingly doing ok why did they want to become poorer and do communism?

I wish they did the same for Brazil. If they only posted our top 0,1% or even 10% we would be regarded as Switzerland

many such cases
look up the red areas on google street view
i think the conditions there would be shocking even for a brazilian

Attached: south_african_racial_devine_johhanesberg.jpg (1799x1538, 810.81K)