I love visiting Europe because the cities are much better laid out and you can get around without a car pretty well and...

I love visiting Europe because the cities are much better laid out and you can get around without a car pretty well and it's actually cheaper to live for what I like doing (cook & eat fresh produce, visit museums, relax on the beach or in parks, etc.).

But I don't understand why you guys are so adverse to getting air conditioning. I visited some friends in Porto and they had this great luxury house - probably 3000sqft? with an elevator and a pool but no air conditioning.

Why would you build a million euro house (would probably cost 2-3 million here in Toronto) in a place where it gets hot without air conditioning?

Sort of unreal to me.

Attached: FWBBZpZXgAEuCan[1].jpg (827x932, 93.42K)

At this point it's just a dumb stereotype about it being excessive and wasteful, but it's slowly changing. New builds with heat pumps are a fairly common option.

I think both sides are dumb. The yuros don't have ACs, but at least they build their houses with good heat isolation. Anglos on the other hand have to waste tons of energy cooling/heating homes with the fucking thinnest walls made of cardboard.

Why are americans so obsessed about ac

>you can get around without a car pretty well
fuck off runt

Because we take steps to mitigate extreme weather conditions and apparently that is taboo or something in Europe

Why you think about europeans so much instead of americans

almost everyone has an AC here, stop falling for clickbait headlines

Electricity is expensive, and why install something that is only needed like 4-5 weeks per year.

>extreme weather conditions
Americans think 40 degree C is "normal" summer temperatures in southern USA. Here, it would be declared a national emergency if it got this hot.

Every time I've been to Europe on vacation and gotten an apartment it does not have AC or it has some puny

I have an AC unit that I only use a few months per year and it wasn't that much, like $400? And the electricity for it to run full blast is an additional $50-100 per month.

What I get for that is a comfortable apartment during the summer months where it gets hot and humid due to the proximity to our large fresh water lakes.

You ger what you pay for and in european vacations often means staying close to old citycenters, do you expect them to install ac in all buildings that were build more than 100 years ago.

In North America if you don't have central air (built into the structure), you get an AC unit which connects to or hangs out a window which provides AC and it costs a few hundred dollars.

You live in same latitude as meds, euros who need ac also have it.

No they don't.

I often go to med countries because why would I go to nord countries. And they rarely have any substantial AC.

Your Canadian electricity bill is completely irrelevant dude. Even before the Russians invaded Ukraine, electricity prices in Europe were rising. Also, at least here in Norway, you can't just add permanent fixtures to the facade of your apartment building without everyone in the building agreeing and then applying for that to the municipal authorities, and even then they might say no if your building is old and considered "protected".

Anyway, I'd much rather get a heat pump than an AC as it warms in the winter as well.

You're either lying or going to the most cheapest places. I haven't been to a med hotel or med rental apartment without AC since the early 2000s.

I went to Porto 2 weeks ago and the apartment I stayed at (no more than 10 years old) and a new luxury house both did not have AC

God I hate Europeans so !uch it's unreal

>just ruin the appearance of your entire buidling so some people don't have to sweat as much
absolutely sovlless; this must be amerikkkan spirit

Every hotel and quest house i stayed in southern europe always had ac

>We

Maybe it is relevant.

How much do you pay for electricity just living?

We have a minimum of $45 for service fees per month but in terms of actual usage my bill is only like $5-10 per month.

People are already hanging their laundry out on balconies and can even get AC units which aren't very visible, they just don't

Very temperate climate here in the Netherlands, you don't need an ac at all

Idk about all of America but yes in Toronto and Montreal and most Canadian cities we have underground pedestrian walkways to shield people from harsh winters and summers (which are not even particularly harsh compared to some European or American cities).