Do you ever LARP in your country

Do you ever LARP in your country

Attached: 1656081032283.png (655x599, 269.3K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=HnL0wTKhCDU
youtube.com/watch?v=kMrTi79D2Js
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I larp as various things when shitposting on Any Forums but I never larp irl

Does crossdressing as an AZOV WN cumslut count as LARPing?

Attached: FVYm3-BUEAAV9bd.jpg (964x2196, 166.06K)

yes. i larp as a level 27 wizard who has amnesia in my d&d group

Americans are notorious for LARPing as their government from any point in time.

I larp as an super successful literature elitist on /lit/
I also larp as a mysterious government insider on /x/

In reality Im an 18 yo zoomer midwit, I dont even read, just skim over wikipedia sometimes and make up vague pseudo-intellectual shit on the spot
I sometimes note buzzwords and namedrop important people/ideas/works to make it seem more convincing

Attached: 1.jpg (839x768, 167.76K)

I try not to and as a western euro mutt as long as I don't pretend to be an Iberian or Scandinavian I can probably get away with it

just did that

Larping is literally my job. I work for the Visby medieval week and historical society.

Attached: Medieval Week Visby.jpg (4315x4791, 3.09M)

sounds fun. What's normal work like?

i larp as cheerful but i wanna kms

Normal days I spend in the archives and storage warehouse at the local museums. I go through new and old finds and map out collections for the displays and stuff like that.
When the museum in Stockholm had a Visby collection on show I was one of the four people who worked in setting it up.
LindyBeige did a great video on that display. Was fun to see.

youtube.com/watch?v=HnL0wTKhCDU

Forgot part 1 of the vid.

youtube.com/watch?v=kMrTi79D2Js

VGH
EVROPA SOVL

Fuck wish I had a job like that. That's awesome stuff. Did you to a major in History at university for it?

I did yes. And took several apprentice gigs for some archaeologists and things like that.
But I got hired by the museum almost right after uni. It's pretty much an ongoing education in this field. You keep learning new stuff pretty much your entire career.

I'm starting my Classics major next year since I'm doing a double degree with Engineering. Really wish Australia had cool stuff for history and the like, just not a lot of interest here. The broad history courses are mostly horrible (at least in my state) so while Classics is my main interest it's not like there's much a choice if I wanted to get something good out of it either. What did you generally look at in your degree? I assume just Swedish Medieval history?

I did mostly early European medieval history and for some reason historical literature. It kinda just ended up that way.
Of course working and studying here meant it was mostly nordic history but I studied the classics you know. Greece, Rome etc.
I have never thought about it when you mentioned it I realized how limited you guys are over there when it comes to this stuff. The job market must be pretty harsh.

The best future I probably have if I decide to work in history and the like as a job is getting my redeemable Italian citizenship or go to the UK. But that's really why I'm doing Engineering. Don't enjoy it but it makes money. But I think leaving Australia isn't my thing, I might be able to become an Italian citizen easy thanks to ancestry but I ain't Italian and I don't care too strongly for the UK. Just like my country here. So I've shot myself in the foot, but that's that.

You could always do what a lot of archaeologists and historians do and travel to locations for digs and stuff.
I know a lot of people in the field who travel all over the place. Some are from the UK, some from the USA and others are from Asia.
They spend a few weeks, maybe a month or two on location and then return home after a period of time.
Many museums and historical societies value those workers a lot because it means they have their own set of eyes and ears on location instead of having to use other peoples material.

Yes sometimes I larp as a mentally ill person who spams nsfw threads on the catalog