British people say they have loads of accents yet they literally all sound the same, besides the Scottish accent

British people say they have loads of accents yet they literally all sound the same, besides the Scottish accent.

Attached: _91409212_55df76d5-2245-41c1-8031-07a4da3f313f.jpg (976x549, 43.85K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=wuEJRSmRx0c&t=31s
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

You really think a Liverpool or Manchester accent sounds same as a London accent?

Yes

a lot of people can't tell the difference between an australian and cockney accent

how is it we've had a whole fucking continent to ourselves for 230 years and still all talk the same while brits speak a different dialect in every postcode

youtube.com/watch?v=wuEJRSmRx0c&t=31s

norn iron's the funniest

are you sure that's the case? even here we have noticeably different accents

I have been to Birmingham and they DO NOT speak normally

different neighbourhoods have different accents in the UK.

I can drive 6 miles and people stop saying
Horse and start saying Oss.

>how is it we've had a whole fucking continent to ourselves for 230 years and still all talk the same
SA, NT and WA have different accents.
>while brits speak a different dialect in every postcode
They don't.

That's pretty interesting actually, I always think there's a huge rift between different parts of Mancs even

The only real British accents:
>Posh
(Think Rees-Mogg)
>Southern
Standard Bri’ish accent
>Northern
Yuh knuh nuthin jun snuh, de norf remembuhs
>Scouse
Demented mix between Northern and Welsh, will rifle through your pockets for spare change while you try to process what they said
>Essex
Yeh babe
>West Country (pirate)
Yareet therr me loverr? Pop d’wn ‘o pub fer s’m ciderr?
>Welsh
Cheery chipmunk accent
>Irish
Incoherent
>Gypsy
Irish but even more incoherent
>Scottish
Secretly lovely to listen to, but one of our running jokes for the last 300 years is we pretend we can’t understand them
>The Norfolk and Suffolk

T̴̛̘̥̤͈͖̞͚̆̃͋̈́́͌ͅh̸͇͇̗͈̩̽̾ė̵͕̺̯̝̾̿̂̎̓́̀ ̵̙̺̭̪͔͙̘͌̔͐ͅf̴̨̨̳͇̭̠͓̆̈͑̈́̽̚͘͝o̶̢̖͍͍͔͉̱̟̼͐͊̋̓̌̕̚͠r̴̟̬͔͙͈̗̍̓̾̽̌b̷̺̹̄̀̈́̈ḯ̶̢̮̠̻̻̻͎̮͚̊̊d̵̦̘̦͂̉͊͊͠d̶̛̛͎͎͉̦̦̜̓̓͠ë̵̼̦̮̠̳̮̙͓́̂̐̋ņ̸̡̜̭̪̋̌̈́́͜ͅ ̴͓͚̣̫̮̥͗̋̀t̷̹͚̜̙̂̈́͋̈́̈́̃̉̓̏o̸̘̗̿͒̎̈́̑̓͝͝n̸̢̡͈͈̬͉͕̙̆̄̈́̉̍̇̒ͅg̵̣̳̮͌u̷̝̱̿̕è̸̡͚̯͖̤̫̬̼̣̎̊

based yorkshire

there's a clear difference in accent even between between from Swansea versus people from Cardiff, there's all sorts of distinct regional English accents, the stereotyped east end of london accents don't sound very much like a strong midlands accent or a bristolian accent, and then yeah you have the scottish

we have loads

not yorkshire.

based nottinghamshire

I was watching a UK tv show and the Welsh actors sounded the exact same as the English ones. I really can't tell any difference between the accents, they all sound the same to me.

nooo you don't understand this slight difference means we're totally different

i can't tell the difference between NZ and aus accents so that means there is no difference

they do but. the difference in our accents are negligible. i cant tell where someone's from unless they slip up with something that someone from your state wouldn't say. except maybe SA but that long A sometimes appears in NSW too id assume the same for VIC too i guess. brits have loads more varieties and they're all much closer to eachother in distance it's not like they're thousands of km's apart

>they do but. the difference in our accents are negligible.
>brits have loads more varieties
Difference is neligable, so why even bother counting?

the difference is negligible to your ears. if someone from the UK were to read 2 sentences I could tell you their class and what area of the country they were from almost instantly

i wasn't. thats why i said we all speak the same here. the differences are not negligible in england they are very much different.

what’s the difference between scouse and irish