Would you visit San Francisco in the 60s and 70s?

Would you visit San Francisco in the 60s and 70s?

Attached: Girls of Woodstock, 1969 (19).jpg (1200x805, 176.75K)

Other urls found in this thread:

supermoney.com/inflation-adjusted-home-prices/
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Barbagelata
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/George_Moscone
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Peoples_Temple
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jim_Jones
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1975_San_Francisco_mayoral_election
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I would visit it during the 50s

Attached: c7430e1ff17acaa37791e1d5423889fb.jpg (999x999, 221.84K)

No thanks, if I wanna do drugs and get aids from sex with easy girls I'll go to Petersburg

Why are they all skinny?

I like drugs so yea

>60s and 70s
>AIDS
Didn't it start to become a thing in the 80s?

You think you can get pozzed from girls?

desu 60s music was rather shit, 80s was peak popculture but again

All the free sex I could ever want? Sure.

It became a thing here in the late 70's.
My mother grew up there in the 60s and 70s.
It was grimy and dangerous. But it was so fucking cheap.

people dickride 60s sf history but the 70s is far more interesting.
cults, serial killers, machine politics, assassinations and the point of no return. The 1975 mayoral election.

I would go back, so I can buy a house for 20 or 30k. Thats how much they were when my mother was like 20.

I like boomers, I imagine it would be pretty comfy hanging out with them if they were my age.

>so I can buy a house for 20 or 30k.

do you understand salaries back then were also nothing like now? why are zoomers so retarded not to understand that inflation raised their salaries too? $100,000 was the salary of a CEO of a big financial institution in that era, nowadays it's the basic salary of a 20-year-old IT developer

>The 1975 mayoral election.
what happened?

They're just not fat. Do you consider this skinny? They look normal

you still made 40k a year as a garbage man.
I asked my mother and she made around 15k year in 1973. Most of it in tips. Working in some diner.

>basic salary of a 20-year-old IT developer
No such thing. And you only make more than a 100k if you went to a top 50 worldwide university. If not your resume goes in the trash. They don't even look at it. And you cant even buy a home in the black areas on that salary.

Attached: 41B65179-4C70-44DD-A841-F74892DD2D37.gif (780x470, 25.3K)

Borrowing costs also went down due to low interest rates. Not to mention that houses in the US especially became bigger

supermoney.com/inflation-adjusted-home-prices/

Garbagemen still make good money, mainly because it's a job with a very limited number of open positions.

The hippy movement was no more than 500 people in the Haight-Ashbury area of San Francisco.
Normies like to overblow how big it was lol

Moscone won through fraud and intimidation. His people's temple allies bussed people in, had their members vote multiple times and threatened to harm any member who did not vote for Moscone(there leader jim jones got to be Chairman of the San Francisco Housing Commission in exchange). They later all went to Guyana, assassinated a member of congress and drank the kool-aid. A few days after this Moscone himself was also assassinated. Barbagelata(the republican) should have won and if he did history would have played out a lot differently. We would not be the same dysfunctional shithole we are today.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Barbagelata
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/George_Moscone
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Peoples_Temple
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jim_Jones
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1975_San_Francisco_mayoral_election

i already knew jim jones history but this is new, interesting

this was before mcdonalds became a part of american cuisine

these are all men, but for at least one or two of them, that doesnt really matter too much to me...

Yes. San Francisco was still kino in the 1960s and wasn't pozzed yet. I'd take a walk though Haight-Ashbury but then stay away from the hippies.

they were mob affiliated. The local garbage company only hired Italians. My uncle was offered a job, but he turned it down. And did absolutely nothing for over a decade. He did the hippy shit and then got super into religion.