Do Americans really think that 'British' (i.e. Southern English) and Australian accents sound similar...

Do Americans really think that 'British' (i.e. Southern English) and Australian accents sound similar? I understand confusing Aussie and Kiwi accents, but bongs and strayans are night and day different, you can tell within a few words, unlike Americans and Canadians which they'll swear sound fundamentally different outside of like ten words that they still exaggerate the difference of.

Attached: ad7e3e30-55e9-48a9-a55a-3ce19ec5c7d5.jpg (1762x1800, 215.75K)

Other urls found in this thread:

vocaroo.com/1og0cSulojT5
voca.ro/1fO6UNalcBTh
vocaroo.com/1dvXh2vSsdoO
vocaroo.com/1lWdUsUk9hvM
voca.ro/1jyHz0NkBpIi
youtu.be/JbKlM_SQEK0
youtube.com/watch?v=i6c4Nupnup0
anyforums.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>I understand confusing Aussie and Kiwi accents
You're just as bad as the yanks, pom. They sound completely different.

Also, look at South Australian English, it sounds very similar to British English due to being a free settled colony.

vocaroo.com/1og0cSulojT5

This made me grow a mullet

Attached: 1648643149806.jpg (331x332, 18.45K)

voca.ro/1fO6UNalcBTh

Say Purple Burgler Alarm, Prove you are white.

voca.ro/1fO6UNalcBTh

I'm a retard, posted the same link
vocaroo.com/1dvXh2vSsdoO

says its deleted, it's a conspiracy.

yes. i guess you literally woudnt get it

No?

Had an Indian at work ask if I was English due to my accent, and my sister has been asked the same aswell. Makes no sense, all 3 of my Grandparent were born here and the 4th left England when he was 5

I work in a call centre and every time I hear an American or English accent I shudder because I know it’s going to be a bad call. The Americans especially never let me get a word in and seem angry all the time.

Say Fish And Chips.
vocaroo.com/1lWdUsUk9hvM

>Do Americans
*record scratch*
*freeze frame*
Yeah you’re probably wondering why there is an abrupt pause deep in the midst of the beginning of a sentence
Well, statistically if you were to sample 400 million souls from a country with the landmass of the continent of Australia itself, yes you could also say your Mother for comparison physically speaking, the answer would unequivocally be “No” if we adhered to the basic scientific and statistical principles.
>really think that 'British' (i.e. Southern English) and Australian accents sound similar?
No
>I understand confusing Aussie and Kiwi accents, but bongs and strayans are night and day different, you can tell within a few words, unlike Americans and Canadians which they'll swear sound fundamentally different outside of like ten words that they still exaggerate the difference of.
Canadians have a much different vocabulary they even say “Zed” for “Z” and “gheeze” and “mandem” and “dem pussio caught opps chinging pagans down in Lil BliqqY’s endz BUMBAclarrt”

So yes we know the difference between all 3 Anglo-Saxon wastemen

Even normies understand the main top level differences as follows, the 30,000 feet view persay
>1. It is chewsday good fellow, we shall take the choob if those bloody fools arent still clobbering about at the picketing queue in the garage causing a tremendous ruckus
>2. Oiiillllraaaiighttt dennis mayyyyyyyAiittttt yarrr warnaaa garre darn the gardcoarst grab a cheeki fokkkin bogannn slarttt outside the steakharseee

Attached: 7FEEC614-E98F-48C9-BE8D-F54FCA111AB9.jpg (634x1024, 230.51K)

Kiwis talk shorter. like they don't turn every vowel into a diphthong and I've heard a lot of them use rhotic Rs but that might be regional. also their wack ass 'i'

Most Australians don't even sound Australian though, with all the American influence in our culture is the most Australian sounding Australian i have heard since steve irwin so i could see the same thing being true for NZ, most of them don't even say "Fush n Chups" anymore.

voca.ro/1jyHz0NkBpIi

>no one
>not even sheep
>kiwis: “Yis I work on the dick as a dickhand of this shep”
youtu.be/JbKlM_SQEK0

Attached: A2D772F9-4895-4257-B891-80899F55A2F8.jpg (1000x1000, 173.52K)

idk that sounded like it took a lot of effort to say correctly

What are those dangling things?

youtube.com/watch?v=i6c4Nupnup0

Only 3 different accents in nz, firstly the Maori accent, the normal accent, and in Southland and Otago its rhotic due to the majority of the settlers being Scottish. And then the normal accent has a bit of a spectrum between working class and posh people

Corks, they keep flies away from your face.

Attached: Flies.png (640x857, 1.01M)