Is the Italian Olivetti-schizo here? No one had ever heard of it outside of Italy, and they only made PC clones anyway...

Is the Italian Olivetti-schizo here? No one had ever heard of it outside of Italy, and they only made PC clones anyway, absolutely no innovation, I highly doubt the CIA would bother doing anything against such an irrelevant company.

Attached: 1649260140390.png (1280x454, 18.41K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Intel_4004
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Olivetti_S.p.A.
twitter.com/AnonBabble

What is your problem with an iconic Italian company exactly?

They're not more relevant than the Swedish company DIAB, which also only made computers based on American CPUs just like Olivetti. My problem is with the schizo who seems to think they were some kind of innovative company. The UK had a fair bunch of computer manufacturers in the 80s, the only one that survived that decade was Acorn, which was also the only one that designed their own CPUs. They still survive in the form of ARM Holdings.

Everybody know olivetti typewriters

>typewriters
Wow that makes Italy high-tech.

My first computer was Olivetti. They had pretty robust presence because of their cash register business.

>PC clones anyway
wrong, they made the firsts ATMs here more than 20 years ago
also they made typewriters

But the Italian schizo wants to make them out as having been high-tech at the time when in fact they only did basic shit mainly for the domestic market.

Not Olivetti related but Faggin DID create the first microprocessors

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Intel_4004

Italian manufactured electronics are bulky, obsolete but also reliable and durable. Overall they're not worth your money unless you really don't use them aside for emails and phone calls. Basically it's for old people, the same that used their typewriters 50 years ago

He designed the thing working for Intel when he lived in the US.

So? He still designed it.

He moved to the US in 1968 and never went back.

Another "italy is le bad" garbage thread made by a foreigner

I have no clue who you're referring to but I seriously hope this is bait

Attached: 1438054170729.jpg (900x900, 96.89K)

Some Italian schizo that claims that the CIA assassinated the founder of Olivetti or some shit like that.

It’s true that the US government demanded Olivetti to be dismantled and bought its founder’s silence. That’s history.

ok but you are just playing dumb pretending not to know Olivetti right?
right?

Like it would have matter in the long run, and Olivetti was completely dependent on American CPUs in either case.

No, I was completely unaware of the company before I heard of this schizo.

Maybe you’re right and it would’ve failed regardless, or maybe not and today the EU would have its own computer powerhouse. We'll never know, will we. You be a good goy and keep sucking American cock. That’s the best your people could ever do anyway.

I doubt it. Even today the US still produces good tech startups, and it was like this in the 90s and 00s too, but Europe has basically only been able to churn out copies of concepts that already existed in the US, but tailored for some domestic market.

I only remember they made typing machines. My grandpa had one.

I've checked Tradera, Olivetti seems to have not been a common brand here. Remington, Royal, and Facit were the most common, Facit was Swedish.

that's honestly an issue on your part then
Olivetti is one of the corner stones of computer history
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Olivetti_S.p.A.

the whyt man always keepin us down n shit

Attached: 1645557155932.jpg (408x576, 47.66K)