English

>English
Simple, clear, straightforward, no hidden tricks or funky pronunciations. Easy to write and understand, fun colourful accent and language variations
>Your language
Some overly convoluted mess of weird symbols or bastardised latin script with rough throat growls and lip smacking sounds or it just sounds like word spaghetti
No wonder ESLs struggle. It just...doesn't make sense to be so complex and useless. How is German and French so bad compared to English even though they help create the language?

Seriously, I can say in English
>I have three bones and a brown dog
And then in French its shit like
>I am zree bones have and dog brown
????

Attached: OIP.jpg (474x315, 41.62K)

ime mun kullia kenguruneekeri

this is now a finland thread
finland= shit

How do you even say kenguruneekeri in one breath?

Giuro che ci dev'essere qualcosa nell'acqua di quel fottuto continente per rendere i suoi abitanti così coglioni

Seriously? All that, just to say "have three bones and a brown dog"?

Attached: s5E5PLq.png (709x462, 659.95K)

It's another monolingual cope thread

I'm not sure you're describing English there. I'm actually a bit curious how English ended up so weird, when there are so many languages where letters represent a single sound. Japanese has their kanas, Russian is spelled like it's written, same with Finnish and Baltic languages, Latin languages (apart from French), Dutch, German to a point, but then there's English where "lead" has an I sound even though there is no letter I in the word, or then it could also be "lead" as in "led"

I can't think of any other language where things are as messy as this apart from French and English. Only Chinese and Japanese are worse since they refuse to just use letters

Attached: hörhö kissa.jpg (640x640, 55.08K)

>>I have three bones and a brown dog
>>Tengo tres huesos y un perro marrón
Kneel retard

>no hidden tricks or funky pronunciations
funny thats coming from you since your "english" pronunciation is the absolute retard tier pronunciation.
It sounds like severe blunt force trauma to head.
>MY ENGLISHERINO BUT MUH SLANGS AND SILENT LETTERS AND DIFFERENT PRONUNCIATION OF SAME LETTERS AND MY RETARDED AUSSIE ACCENT

(except if youre a chink, if thats the case then
>wa yu du man ken i hav e a juan eggwa plis?
)

Knowing English as non-native should be considered prerequisite to getting basic employment, or at least one in academia. ESLs whose only L2 is English shouldn't even be considered multilingual.

Now that I think about it, the English are already cursed to begin with. Here is the vowel I, which is pronounced with two vowels. In so many languages you have the basic sounds A, E, I, O, U etc., but then in English even just O will actually be "ou"

Attached: ami0z.jpg (562x703, 59.44K)

I always tell that to anglofaggots but they refuse to acknowledge it

Australian English is actually the best variant of English. However, we also throw in a lot of slang and swears.

The problem is when ESLs try to use the slang without knowing the context. Nothing worse than an ESL calling you 'bloke'

Decieve -> deception -> deceit.
Conceive -> conception -> conceit.
Receive -> reception -> receipt.

I'm efl, but this drives me up the fucking wall.

Lel

>"lead" has an I sound even though there is no letter I in the word
What

>>"lead" has an I sound even though there is no letter I in the word
>What
Anglo's first contact with actual Latin script.
How cute

It's not
i-ead you moron
It's clearly an L

>It's not i-ead you moron It's clearly an L
Imagine being this retarded.

A is "ei"
E is "i"
I is "ai"
O is "ou"
For U I suppose "yu" would work the best for Spanish, in Finnish I would use a J there. Still, we speak totally different languages but our concept of those sounds are almost the same

Attached: 1651747199704.jpg (564x705, 43.78K)

I mean "lead" with the same sound as "feel", in most languages that sound would be the letter i

lol nice

Attached: f4220e20442eaeb0.jpg (605x497, 21.82K)

Sweaty pepe
Wew