I think it's cute how indians venerate cows. The dress them up and paint their horns and put jewelry on them

I think it's cute how indians venerate cows. The dress them up and paint their horns and put jewelry on them.

It must be unthinkable to them the way we treat cows here. E kill them and grind up their flesh and cook it and make hamburgers. A hamburger must be an abomination to the Indian.

Attached: mattupongal.jpg (600x400, 61.09K)

Long ago, cows were status symbols in India. The more cows you own, the richer you are. We have a story of a boy who wanted to drink milk because he heard of it being delicious, so he asks his mother for it. But milk was too pricy for common people so the boy's mother just to satisfy him gives him a milk lookalike from (rice starch?) I don't remember what the item was actually. But the boy satisfied finally shouts 'i drank milk, I drank milk' and happily runs across the village. Also note that the boy who couldn't afford milk was from a Brahmin family.

Maybe cows were just rare so it didn't make sense to kill them, we would rather keep them and have milk. That's how the whole 'cow sacred' thing must have come into India.

even in some parts of europe cows were expensive until recently. My grandmother's family never tried beef, and even when it became more available they never ate it; since they didn't grow up eating it they didn't like the taste. I guess most people who had one just kept it for milk because eating it was a waste of money

do indians make any cheese?
and where the fuck do the cow worship come from?

You cannot suffer as a cow in india

Attached: 11112015025733cow-2-600x0-19102017080904.jpg (600x400, 85.48K)

We make paneer(cottage cheese). Also some of the milk products we had since ancient India were curd, butter(Krishna's favourite), ghee (to have fat that doesn't spoil in hot weather like butter), lots of sweets are also made from milk and butter milk (people drink it regularly, it's delicious when spiced).

Also, cow is considered sacred. A bit like Egyptians finding cats sacred I guess? But cow itself is not outright a god like many people claim, it's a misconception.

We dont 'worship' cows.
Thats an abrahamic propaganda meme.

>do indians make any cheese?
yes there are different kinds.

>Maybe cows were just rare
I don't buy this. It's very easy to breed a large flock of cows from small numbers. Plus, the more expensive the cows, the greater would be their value in sacrifices to gods, as is seen in many other cultures such as Ancient Greece. This doesn't explain why Hindus came to dislike eating cows.

What if a cow dies from natural causes, is it okay to eat it then?

>why Hindus came to dislike eating cows.
We simply came to dislike killing all animals.
In the modern times only cows remained because they were highly used in farming and dairy products.

>We simply came to dislike killing all animals
But how did this happen? Like the rest of the world Indians used to be Hunter-Gatherers, but unlike many other cultures that also took up farming and herding, Hindus disliked eating the meat from their livestock. How did this come to be? Why didn't a similar distaste for killiny animals arise in other cultures?

An Indian scripture (I think it was the Vedantas) states that in case of a famine cows must be protected and not eaten because they can provide milk which will help in sustaining for longer than it's meat.

But contrary to the misconception and the modern Indian autism, it's completely alright to eat meat (including beef) because another Indian scripture (Manusmriti) states that there are both eaters and eatables.

Even I agree with you user. There are proofs that people in indus valley civilization used to eat cows. And even in later periods living solely on plants sounds absurd. How did we changed from meat eaters to vegitarians is a mystery.

Which culture eats dead animals lying around user? We prefer to kill our meat.

I'm just saying if, a healthy cow had a freak heart attack in front of you and just died would it be ok to eat it?

>Ghee
You get a rancid hit of that and...you can imagine

Attached: DzekRuFWsAA4Bh7.jpg (650x400, 29.5K)

Technically scripture prohibits killing DAIRY cow. But society generalized it to all cows. It depends whether you follow the scriptures or society.

Whose gonna do a fucking cow autopsy to determine it died of a heart attack ND not some disease tht will harm humans, all for what, a steak? A burger? C'mon dude

Tribals and Sc/ST communities eat cows. There are dalit communities that were only allowed to dispose of human and animal corpses. The descendants of these communities now are studying to be doctors, teachers, engineers and this upsets upper caste Hindus and muslims. there was a controversy when a dalit community in north india refused to dispose of a carcass and got assaulted by upper caste villagers. Their reasoning was that it was inhumane and their kids were now doctors in the local town, and that they wouldn't do it anymore.

Liberals here make fun of people who are vegetarian as being stupid because n9t getting b12 at all
But these vegetarians also happen to be top most cream layer in India and its diaspoo

stfu tamdal stop eating beef and pork to look cool it wont make you any less of a chamar

Idk what kind of ((ghee)) you are getting in America. Our family makes our own ghee at home
from milk we take from our neighbours cow and it smells really good. You also have to store it properly for it to not spoil.

Seethe more naarthoid. I eat beef and pork because it gives me protein. I've also had pigeon, rabbit, Turkey, shark. I wanna try monkey meat and dog meat once if I visit the NE.

Ashvathama right?