Rwanda/Congo

Are they going to war with each other?

Attached: 9F0AB3FC-E814-43A1-8CD6-E79E0B897F0D.jpg (400x320, 67.59K)

Other urls found in this thread:

africanews.com/2022/05/30/dr-congo-army-confirms-two-rwandan-soldiers-detained/
ibtimes.com/anti-rwanda-tensions-boil-over-looting-eastern-dr-congo-city-3540485
bbc.co.uk/news/world-africa-19973366
youtu.be/C_aVng2ECus
youtu.be/ZliP0nCZU7s
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Idk, maybe? I have heard that there was some shelling in Rwanda recently though.

Attached: 6CEFE197-4A0F-4D07-9C6C-FAAC3C4EA84C.jpg (860x1240, 658.66K)

this happens often as the borders are very poorly defined and porous

its literally nothing

>this happens often as the borders are very poorly defined and porous
It doesn't, the last time this happened was in 2008

You mean again?

tell me how i know you literally couldnt place rwanda on a map until a few weeks ago

>tell me how i know you literally couldnt place rwanda on a map until a few weeks ago
I'm congolumbian

Attached: las-91214-004log.jpg (1920x1357, 485.6K)

Shelling on the border has only happened in the drc and there are checkpoints near the border.

Attached: 17608998721_ae245fc168_b.jpg (1024x683, 270.22K)

Why the big flare up now?

>Shelling on the border has only happened in the drc
Before now, well recently. I dunno if it will turn into a full fledged war though, I just don't think so

Imagine just walking into another country...

>Why the big flare up now?
Congo accuses Rwanda of supporting the m23 rebels, which is eh true, though I don't know why they are having a spat now.
Rwandan soldiers went into the congo and got captured and rwanda is asking the congolese to take them back and there have been various anti rwanda protests in the country.

africanews.com/2022/05/30/dr-congo-army-confirms-two-rwandan-soldiers-detained/
ibtimes.com/anti-rwanda-tensions-boil-over-looting-eastern-dr-congo-city-3540485

I dubbo if it will lead to a war, it might just be a diplomatic spat, but who knows.

Attached: FTF33QMUsAANN-i.jpg (2048x1124, 288.2K)

>take
Give them back
Man I am tired
Happens all the time in Africa.

Wow, in Eastern Europe we have walls walls, barbed wire and shit with 24/7 armed border guards and shit. and passing the checkpoints on both sides takes like half an hour if you're lucky. this looks like a private park or something.

>Wow, in Eastern Europe we have walls walls, barbed wire and shit with 24/7 armed border guards and shit
And Africa is way poorer, especially central africa.
They just don't have a huge budget to spend.

Attached: Screenshot_20220615-231942_Samsung Internet.jpg (983x732, 253.22K)

Here's the unbiased rundown on this for anyone who doesn't know:
> Tutsis live in DR Congo and have since before the c*lonists even drew up the maps creating the modern borders to begin with
> Fast forward
> Rwanda has genocide where Hutu extremists, called Interahamwe, kill Tutsis and moderate or sympathetic Hutus
> Kagame BTFOs these chuds and they run away into the DR Congo
> Mobutu lets these extremists come and live in DR Congo (then called Zaire)
> Tensions rise and the Congo wars happen (Mobutu gets BTFO basically and Congo becomes even more messed up then it already was)
> Fast forward
> Interahamwe chuds create Democratic Forces for the Liberation of Rwanda or FDLR (French Acronym)
> M23 exists to protect indigenous Tutsi Congolese from FDLR and to advocate for the government to recognize its Tutsi population as citizens (which they are)
> They get snubbed
> Conflicts flare up
> DR Congo accuses Rwanda of financing M23 (delusional)
> Rwanda denies this and tells DR Congo to focus on it's own internal matters instead of blaming it's neighbouring country (based)
> Now DR Congo has just lost an entire town to M23 despite claiming they were winning and now they're absolutely seething
I hope that helps :)

What does gni mean?

Gross national income
>> Fast forward
After this your comment just becomes a bit of a meme
And those hutus and tutsis were killing each other before the genocide, they had a literal war

Attached: FUAWHfaVUAAa2pw.jpg (2048x1365, 150.48K)

Is that the average income in a year? If so it’s shocking

>After this your comment just becomes a bit of a meme
It remains completely factual throughout
>And those hutus and tutsis were killing each other before the genocide, they had a literal war
Never denied this but the genocide in the '90s is kind of the most relevant part here.

>Mobutu lets these extremists come and live in DR Congo (then called Zaire)
And this, eh the country had no real power to move them out, they were only able to get rid of the katanga rebels due to us funding and they didn't get any of that after the USA gave up on mubutu after he shit talked them.
Also a loot of refugees from rwanda came into the drc, and a lot of fuckery happened during the war with some massacres of hutus as revenge.

This is all in the past though.

Attached: FTV93ZqaMAAe4H4.jpg (2048x863, 229.85K)

>Is that the average income in a year? If so it’s shocking
Yes, central africa is quite poor.

Attached: las-91214-madland.jpg (1920x1176, 354.62K)

Can anyone redpill me on DR Congo and Congo? What are they all about? I know that Congo is a river in Africa and that it was colonised by Belgium, France and UK at different periods of time. But that's it. What are those two countries all about?
Ok, with all the mock comparisons we get with Africa I was legit thinking we can't be so far apart but after checking, we have thrice the amount of the highest country there, which is honestly baffling. I hope things get better for Africa.

Attached: еее HD.png (1024x1024, 869.95K)

>the genocide in the '90s is kind of the most relevant part here
Eh the shooting of the plane which had the tutsi president caused all of the chain of events that ensued.

And the rest of it is a bit of a meme.

Here is just 1 link. I don't want to argue about it too much because eh I don't want to think about it.
bbc.co.uk/news/world-africa-19973366

Attached: FTIucOCUYAQCK7J.jpg (2048x1365, 250.11K)

>Can anyone redpill me on DR Congo and Congo?
>Dr congo
Belgium, poor and war.
>Congo
France
CONGO (republic) is richer and more developed, however they have also had 2 wars (5 Jun 1997 – 29 Dec 1999) and
(1993–1994)

And a ninja insurgency in the pool region back in 2016 (yes I am serious)

Attached: Screenshot_20220615-233924_Samsung Internet.jpg (534x1725, 289.4K)

>we have thrice the amount of the highest country there, which is honestly baffling. I hope things get better for Africa
Eh the richest african nations are middle income, but overall africa is in a really grim state.

well, I know that some countries in Western Africa are quite well-off and that most countries that have oil are alright too. just didn't expect things would be that bad in any region of the world, honestly. I mean, my family payed 9 times as much money as a person earns in Guinea in a year in one go while purchasing land, it's fucking sad. Especially compared to actually rich countries in Europe and Arab oil-states

Also here is another video on the subject, most of the people in congo aren't that happy.
youtu.be/C_aVng2ECus
youtu.be/ZliP0nCZU7s