Lithuania

Summoning lithuanian anons

I come here for work, what are the most useful words, what is appropriate and what isn't, especially in Vilnius?
Any advice is highly appreciated

Attached: Flag_of_Lithuania_STATE_(Fictional).png (667x400, 58.33K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tutejszy
play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=ru.yandex.translate&hl=en&gl=US
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sejny_Uprising
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

vilnius musu o mes rusu

We don't need bydla to stopit to use google trnatle OR to google what languages are spoken here

Spoken by some 70% of the population, Russian is still the most popular second language in Lithuania, although this is declining. The Russian language was both mandatory and ubiquitous during the Soviet occupation (1940-1990), making virtually everybody in the older generations (i.e. those born ~1980 and before) fluent in it. Nowadays, however, many ethnic Lithuanians regard the Russian language as a "colonial leftover". Only some 40% of the kids learn it. Likewise, Russian public inscriptions have been gradually removed or replaced by English ones (although the Russian language may still be seen on an occasional old plaque or in unrenovated museums). On the other hand, private hotels and restaurants have Russian menus and employ Russian-speakers to cater for numerous Russian tourists. While to some ethnic Lithuanians any use of Russian is a reminder of the tragic history, some others enjoy Russian music and media, claiming that "culture and politics should not be mixed".

English is the most popular foreign language to learn today. It is spoken by 30% of total population and 80% of the youth. The older generations are unlikely to speak English, however, as very few schools taught it seriously under the Soviet occupation. Today English is the language Lithuanians expect foreigners to know, so it is widely used in modern museums, hotels, tourist signs and city/resort restaurant menus. As the "top language" of the "prestigious West", it also became fashionable for some key local trademarks and popular songs.

?

based

based crusader

debilas

GOOGLE OR YANDEX TRANSLATE IT,YOU FOOL

YOU WORK IN IT? HOW?
JUST USE GOOGLE,VILNIUS SPEAKS BOTH ENGLISH AND RUSSIAN

You can get by with Russian if you speak with 30+/35+ aged people. If younger you are better off with English in most cases.

>Yes, I WILL come to Druskininkai this summer
>Yes, I WILL undress myself in front of young girls
I didn't know that Pilsudski was an voyeuristic paedophile..

hovorysh belaruśkaj movoj?

I guess I shouldn't expect from natives to know english or russian, so It would be better to learn basic words before arriving

I didin't know poles know about Druskininkai
>inb4 history
Europeans are as dumb as Americans when it comes to knowledge.
Maybe some border dweller

>what is appropriate

adopting holy catholic faith like your direct ancestors Jahaila and Vitaut

Razumeyu, ale my karystaemsya kirilitzay

>I didin't know poles know about Druskininkai

It's still a popular tourist resort, ofc not for the "activities" that other user mentioned. Also the fact that it was Piłsudski's favorite vacation place adds a lot of charm to it.

>I guess I shouldn't expect
WHY DON'T YOU JUST GOOGLE WHAT LANGUAGES ARE SPOKEN IN WHICH CITY (YOU WILL PROBABLY WORK IN VILNIUS AS AND IT MONKEE,EVEN TOUGHT YOU ARE AN IDIOT)

>so It would be better to learn basic words before arriving
JUST GOOGLE TRANSLATE BASIC PHASES YOU FOOL
HOW CAN SUCH IDIOT EVEN WORK IN IT??? IS THIS IS WHY PUBLIC SERVICES SUCK SO MUC HAND MAJORITY OF START UPS FAIL????

Why so angry?

Attached: Screenshot_20220615-201123_Translate.jpg (1080x2220, 254.23K)

Yandex translated it better.
Just fill the gaps. Translate MUSU separatelly

>Why so angry?

YOU ASK STUPID QUESTIONS

Attached: 2nd.png (1237x370, 21.89K)

It's just a Lithuanian saying that became trendy in 1940 for some reason

Yandex translator is better in this case
English doesn't translate neither into English nor Russian

Attached: Opera Snapshot_2022-06-15_201435_translate.yandex.com.png (1240x624, 24.7K)

The saying measn
Vilnius is ours
We are Russian

Because Soviets gave Vilnius to Lithuania, but Lithuania went into USSR

> some reason
Might as well stop trolling him and give quick history lesson how in interwar Poland annexed Wilno, then Soviets gave it to Lithuania

favorite in Poland to be exact

generally he loved Madeira the most

>interwar Poland annexed Wilno

interwar Poland "annexed" Vilnius same way Lithuania "annexed" Kaunas. After WW1 Eastern Europe was one huge void and no man's land, no country had defined borders and they all fought for the shape of their country. There wasn't any God-granted right that Vilnius should be in Lithuania, Lithuania's right to this city wasn't recognized by any major force in the world either (nor was it by Poland obviously).

Not just Russian or English. Many young people from regions move to Wilno. These people speak this Belarussian dialect
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tutejszy

But OP is faggot. He moves to country without doing any research and just asking stupid questions. Had he done research he would know that in Wilno even Belarussian is spoken

Thank you for advice

>annexed Wilno
from Russia

Lol? Why are you ranting? I am not blaming Poland, I am stating fact. After Mongols wrecked Rus' Lithuanians went there. After Swedes wrecked the commonwealth Russia started taking lands back.

Poland defacto annexed Lithuania after Russia wrecked Lithuania.

It's history.

btw, it's kinda funny how Lithuanians are angry at Poles for doing this Żeligowski mutiny trick while they literally copied it 1:1 with Klaipeda, except at least Poles were a majority in Vilnius while Lithuanians weren't a majority in Klaipeda.

I don't know anything about the Lithuanian language except that it is considered a very "conservative" european language and that Baltic and Slavic languages separated some time in the past. Are there any similarities between the two language families that the average normie would notice? Or is it only things only a linguistic would know about?

There are apps that can use camera to translate stuff. Probably also Yandex. Somehow it has superior image search and translator. I know that it can translate pictures
play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=ru.yandex.translate&hl=en&gl=US

Where's the fun? Nationalists are always biased. Polish nationalists are super proud of wrecking Moscow in 1612, but always whine about 1795.

>Poland defacto annexed Lithuania

I don't know which date you mean, 1385? 1569? Because after WW1 Poland didn't annex Lithuania.

Also Lithuanians tried to annex Suwałki and Sejny but polish people formed militias and resisted them.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sejny_Uprising

To my knowledge Lithuanian and Russian languages have the same syntax(although pretty much every European has the same one), the difference beeing that Lithuanian and Russian are liberal languages with the syntax. You can say senteces how you want, they make sense.
eg
I wrote a comment, can be said comment I wrote a comment, a comment I wrote. Makes perfect sense.

Pronunciations are similar. Both are direct. Very few pronunciation rules, unlike German
S=Z, Z=C, C=K, but SS=S, SK=SHK.

Probably many similar words.

I mean the countries are neighbours. I was told that Italian and Spanish are similar

1569. Poland took the Ukraine from LT, and started Wilno polinization.

I don't think it's just nationalists, afaik this negative approach to Żeligowski's mutiny while positive to Klaipeda revolt is part of your school curriculum.

Many thanks. Any more tips?