Tonal languages are inferior languages. do you agree

Tonal languages are inferior languages. do you agree

Attached: china-vietnam-thailand-flag-22627828-1.jpg (800x554, 31.2K)

They sound so ugly

swedebros...

They truly sound horrendous

tone =/= pitch

Attached: honkler_pointing_gun_by_nelex5000_dd9sdhs-fullview.jpg (1280x1280, 171.66K)

assborg = you

Someone post that funny asian retard language I forgot the name

daily korean troll thread

anyway tones making those languages sound shit is debatable and it could also be due to alien phonology (why is Any Forums and /d/ sounds in my language plosive?) but i digress

*implosive

Thai doesn't sound so bad.

Swedish doesn't even have universal pitch.

well thai sounds like backward vietnamese to us natives (i assume korean sounds like drunk japanese to you?)

I agree.

it has nothing to do with tones, most african languages are tonal. the difference is that most langauges in mainland south-east asia region are monosyllabic. which made these langauges develop a much more diverse range of consonants and vowels. Beside, mandarin is the least tonal and the least monosyllabic langauge of the bunch. Mandarin constantly uses compound words, and some northern chinese dialects uses erhua (-r ending) which basically negate the tones.

Vietnamese sounds similar to Cantonese to me. Thai sounds like Vietnamese but more dragging.
Mandarin spoken by the Min and Wu are very pleasant to my ears :)

min and wu are different langauges, quiet different from mandarin.

Mandarin spoken by Min and Wu people.

I really like the forcefulness of Mandarin; no idea why anyone would dislike it.

I’m not talking about Shanghainese, Teochew, Hokkien, Putian, etc.

Based. Thai is beautiful to anyone who actually listens to it.

Attached: AXIS.png (2232x936, 2.28M)

i love tonal languages, especially thai. it genuinely sounds nice to me. also chinese and cantonese