Is this parade the oldest pagan tradition in Latinx America?

Like it probably hearkens back to the days of the Aztec Empire or something right?

Attached: DayOfDed.jpg (1200x900, 241.1K)

>it probably hearkens back to the days of the Aztec Empire
Yeah, with helicopters...
this is just so dumb of you

Not talking about the helicopter, Portubro

Not really. Its the syncretism of Spanish Catholic traditions with the last vestiges of ancestor worship that the weird indios did in the countryside.

Attached: file.png (960x641, 915.29K)

México is not Latin America

Attached: 85b.jpg (680x382, 12.76K)

vgh the ancient Xhelicqhtoptlxqers of Tenōchtitlan

Thats folklorization of culture. Thats is to say, turning it into buffonery.

Mass rituals in ancient times had specific purpose such as celebrating cosmic events or great avatars/leaders.

The only remaining cultural institution that was preserved was Dia De Muertos (which is also getting folklorized due to american influence)

Attached: Screenshot_20220614-054534_Gallery.jpg (689x533, 145.54K)

>american influence
i think that shit is weird, keep it on your side of the wall.

too late (see: Coco)

Thank god my ancestry (Viceroyalty) will never experience this

Attached: 20220611_115958.jpg (1242x1533, 286.07K)

i don't watch movies for children.

Its not only Coco

The festival with giant skeletons never existed in Mexico prior to the film Spectre (007).

Lile I said. Its folklorization/merchantilization of culture, mostly coming from american influence but also from internal degeneration of mexican society due to desintegration of catholic church.

Attached: descarga.jpg (124x164, 6.55K)

Attached: images (9).jpg (506x606, 53.63K)

bullshit, i remember seeing depictions of those death parades in much earlier movies than that.

>bullshit, i remember seeing depictions of those death parades in much earlier movies than that

Yes, but not the grotesque festivals that serve no purpose other than bring tourists.

That fesrival was born from the film 007 Spectre and CDMX government realizing it would make a lot of money.

We wuz vicekangs 'n' shieet

Día de muertos is a British celebration

>Día de muertos is a British celebratio

All cultures have come up with something similar. Its part of the universal human culture. (Same as the mythological gardens of edens, chosen exiled people, etc)

The thing is, americanization and desintegration of catholicism in Mexican society are responsible for festivals like this, which lacks the original meaning of the holiday and its only purpose is monetization.

Thats why we are also seeing the invasion of protestant sects in all latinxamerica.

So we have 2 choices, we either recover our indoamerican heritage in order to be able to resist yankification or we get culturally anihilated by Amerika, our cultures turning into Disney-patented enterteniment.

Because the catholic church is pretty much dead.

Attached: images (10).jpg (453x677, 56.65K)

You misspelled LATINO.

no sorry you're Latinx now, you wanted to move to an English speaking country so you will abide by our lingual tenets.

>we either recover our indoamerican heritage in order to be able to resist yankification
Lmfaooo, that's never happening, indigenism will be forever tainted with red and pink, it's destiny is to become merely an aesthetic, it is over for you.

>All cultures have come up with something similar
the 1st of November it's also "el dia de todos los santos", which used to be centered around going to the cementery and remembering your dead loved ones
nowadays it's getting replaced with Halloween, a foreign festival with no cultural significance here besides partying or dressing up, i mean, at least it's a cool activity for children