Is learning Japanese worth it? Or am I wasting my time?

Is learning Japanese worth it? Or am I wasting my time?

Attached: flat,800x800,075,f.u1.jpg (800x615, 75.26K)

You will never be Japanese, Cletus

depends. why are you learning japanese?

Lol who's gonna tell him

worth how?
as a hobby for years and learn a lot about another culture? sure
to get le epic asian qt waifu?? think twice

Do you spend 90% of your time consuming Japanese media? Yes
Otherwise no

im thinking of moving to Tokyo to work in their animation industry

i waver a bit, but yeah

if you're interested in genuinely moving to japan and you consume a lot of japanese media then yeah it's probably worth it to learn japanese

ty but my biggest problem is that i just graduated and i need to find a job but im spending all my days in my room learning Japanese and the pressure to get out is building

Attached: dfa.jpg (312x296, 10.78K)

You're wasting your time. I learned Japanese. It's a nice trick to watch anime without subtitles but I could've done something more worthwhile with my time. If you are secretly hoping to hook up with an asian chick and are in the US learn Chinese instead.

Honto? Learning Japanese gave you absolutely nothing?

本当だよ。前言った通り「まったく得がない」と言えないけどもっと生産的な趣味があるだろう

wow, have you ever tried to move and live in Japan for some time?

Go caddy at a country club. 4 hour days. Living wage. Work outside, talk to rich people.

I applied to jobs in Japan the past November when I finished my PhD thinking it might be a nice adventure but that's when they closed down the country. I've visited before.

wasting your time

I have to look into this

i hope you get in, user. It might be really fun

i'd love for you to elaborate, user-dono

>le meme of move to le tokyo for le animu
imagine learning a swear less language lel

>swear less language

baka yaro

The only language that's worth learning is English

what is your phd in?

is it easy to just get a job in japan in your field

how old are you? you have until ~30 to get a studying visa and be there for 3 years at a language academy, that's your best shot to get married and live there, start saving money my man

It's a purely academic STEM field that's not easy to get a job anywhere. I actually thought the places in Japan might be easier than the US, but Japan shut down for omicron and I got a job here.