Here we go again!

I thought Sri Lanka was just next to India?

Why would they risk a long and dangerous voyage across the seas for a destination which is unwelcoming?!

Attached: file.png (883x813, 575.37K)

Other urls found in this thread:

economictimes.indiatimes.com/news/international/world-news/sri-lankans-flee-to-india-to-escape-countrys-worst-economic-meltdown/articleshow/90395721.cms?from=mdr
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

give me money

because India isn't rich enough to handle refugees. they can barely pay for the people already there. Australia meanwhile, is rich, prosperous, with lots of empty land.

I wonder what kind of boats they're using cause it's a >5000km trip.

Because they know they’ll be welcomed with open arms

Because people are greedy, they prefer luxurious country to escape to while in crisis even though there are convenient places near them

>empty land.
Lol, it's not the 1800s

NGO moment
Yo chuddy, it's unfair to everyone else if we don't maintain strict immigration and only promotes illegal immigration.

India didn't sign the 1951 refugee convention and treats all refugees as illegal immigrants under the Foreigners
Act 1946. Despite that there are almost 60k Sri Lankans in India.

economictimes.indiatimes.com/news/international/world-news/sri-lankans-flee-to-india-to-escape-countrys-worst-economic-meltdown/articleshow/90395721.cms?from=mdr

Based poos.

sri lankans are based, you should be welcoming them with open arms.

some harsh truths:

>This is not political asylum this is economic migration
>As Australia is all but guaranteed to go into recession and inflation is most likely about to run off on us, this will probably not be received with lots of widespread support or popularity.
>This will create geo-political tension
>Our own domestic housing, social issues will clash with this helping others from abroad.
>We could be looking at hundreds of thousands, if not millions.

We may very well have to literally sink their boats, to prevent our figurative ship from sinking. If we allow it to happen, we cannot sustain the constant flood of immigration.

good post

>rich
It's because the Lankan Sinhala and our Tamils fucking hate each other.
Any amount of aussie racism cannot compare to genocide and suicide bombing.

Attached: 1655180815425.jpg (621x414, 109.7K)

Spread your ass and let the refugees come in Australia

It's not racist to protect the interests of your citizens over people who you aren't allied with, Sri Lanka decided to sign a deal with China and get themselves into a debt trap, why aren't they going to China?

I'd assume the aussie NGOs race the border control to sink refugee boats, unless you cunts have gone soft.

real answer: thirdies are the most racist people on earth and its inconceivable for them to accept refugees, so they try with firsties instead

They're all going to get turned back. Both major parties have the same policy regarding illegal immigration.

>Lot's of empty land
Yes the desert is empty

China Australia same difference.

>
>

Attached: file.png (385x626, 43.53K)