What language was the most studied before English in your country?

In Spain, and I think in most Latin countries, it was French. Now it's the second one.

Attached: Apu francés .png (705x643, 349.33K)

French used to be lingua franca, it was commonly used by nobility here as well centuries ago.

80% spanish, 20% german
majority pick the easier, minority are tryhards

Beggar learn spanish here, ppl with +100iq learn latin + german

German

Attached: Apu sad.jpg (818x864, 66.56K)

In your dreams. I shit on german. Disgusting filth of a tongue.
I took spanish in school and i'm pretty happy about IT. You don't need to learn german when you already speak english. It's useless.

Probably Latin

You may shit on whatever you like (and Germans probably won't mind) but he's right you know.

Latin, old Greek and French or Hebrew depending if the vocation was religious. Some schools also tought English After WW2 English took over with French as second and then Latin. Nowadays it's English and Spanish that dominate.

No. He isn't.
And i took latin class untill college btw.
t.litteraturefag

It was me

He's right. Look People who learn spanish and look latin and german class

I had better grades than them.
Case closed.
Maybe you just live in a shithole.

Holy based
Here French and Latin are the languages of intellectuals, only incels learn German

Then
>Even a meh student after graduating highschool could speak and write English and French fluently
Now
>After school not only students don't learn English but they also hate arabic with a burning passion

Finally a good comment.
Kaiserboo BTFO
When you speak English, French and Spanish you can conquer the world. Nothing else is needed.

Dutch

French by far

im in a program of the franco-german university and there are about 15 french guys in my class that all had German for 10ish years at school and of those 15 only two can actually speak german
they aren't tryhards they are brainlets

RIGHT before English? Russian. Because it was mandatory in schools under commie rule, of course.
But it's actually fascinating the amount of different languages taught in schools throughout our history. And heck, Lithuanian was not one of them for a long time

German

Attached: 1652622326635.jpg (900x1600, 922.48K)

German was

Or maybe they don't give a shit

Japanese (My high school textbook taught me even Hakataben and Osakaben.)

It has always been English. People only take French to appear sophisticated, but it remains the second most studied language. German is the only other language that people study to get a better job.
Some people pretend to learn Chinese, but no one does.

>of those 15 only two can actually speak german they aren't tryhards they are brainlets
could not can
You should work on your english. Brainlet.

People don't give a shit in language class, they just want their grades.
I cannot speak Spanish or Italian for shit and i managed to have average grade in those class.