Does this area belong to france or germany?

Attached: alsacelorraine.gif (282x402, 5.15K)

it belongs to me
like everything else in the world
all mine

Somalia

It belongs to whoever controls it, however the people living there are pretty much germans my friend is from there

Lorraine to France and Alsace to Germany.

but they hated Prussians didn't they?

To turks nowadays

Lotharingia will rise again!

Literally nobody speaks the old Germanic dialects nowadays

Did someone say "Germans" ?

Attached: istockphoto-1040896174-1024x1024.jpg (948x1024, 88.76K)

Theyre distinct people my friend tells me their germanic dialect is very different and theyre basically their own thing my friend doesnt really feel french but he says he doesnt likes to be called german either theyre basically like corsica

kek true
there are more turks in this region than anywhere else in france, go figure out

Last time I checked, France

>tfw you killed 3 germans and there's pinard in an hour

The year is 2022. We live in a democratic era in a democratic country, therefore these lands belong to it's inhabitants, In that case that is Algeria

It belongs to me personally

I come from this region
Alsatians are of germanic culture but they are very francisized
Alsatians see themselves as French and take offense if you call them Germans. It goes even to the point that they would deny their germanism. because of history obviously, they weren't treated well in the 2nd reich

though they see themselves as French to a degree, they still hold a very independent identity, which they inherited from the times of the decapole, when alsace was composed of free cities under the holy roman empire
so they're not really germans, not really french (though the concept of frenchness is complex), but if you asked them what they would choose, it would be france 99% of the time

It belongs to Germany, but France will never give it up.

I met a guy from there during uni and he said they're a minority like basques but hed rather be german than french in the end.

pretty much everyone who wasn't prussian did

So like corsica