What does it mean to be "european" and why do so many europeans identify as one over their nationality?

what does it mean to be "european" and why do so many europeans identify as one over their nationality?

Attached: dougv303g4r21.png (6632x3008, 1.96M)

We don't.

Don't know anyone who'd ever identify as European over their local culture, at least here they don't even identify as German.
Stat is fake

yes i'm sure a terminally online hyperamericanized 4channelers are good representatives of their respective countries

No your fucking meme picture is.

Bruh

Berliner?

it is indeed because it was made by europeans on r/europe

>consistentugal

That means white. Actually white, not american white.

>That means white. Actually white, not american white.

Attached: rr29bqfe1sj81.jpg (1024x768, 155.42K)

Don't (You) me ever again.

Attached: 1653579880561.jpg (311x300, 22.58K)

>r/europe
go back

as i said, europeans on Any Forums and 4channel are far more americanized than ones on r/europe, so they are objectively a better source for what your average european thinks

Attached: IMG_20220225_195334.jpg (841x1080, 74.62K)

It's the other way around desu, redditors are detached from reality

i was just memeing, been too hungry for (you)'s tonight, starting to be cringe. i always do this autistic shit on my days off because i have no direction in my life. have gotten a lot of polish (you)'s today though. anyways i feel like europeans on r/europe and 4channel are both bad representatives and the best ones are the ones from wow private servers and other online games.

it is a super term like american, except in europe people still have ethnic roots from their specific cunt and anyone else is a foreigner

As a white American, I identify as a European.

Attached: 7E66BAA1-24C0-4DD1-86DC-530A64B38CBE.jpg (1024x723, 59.76K)

>have gotten a lot of polish (you)'s today though
what did you post?

some pro russian posts, got cringe
some other posts about autistic early 20th century racial maps

lmao you were in the Madison grant thread too?

kek yes i was

It obviously makes no sense to identify as European here in Europe, because that tells you nothing about where someone is coming from.

The label only makes sense when talking to someone outside Europe. And since the internet brought the whole world into one single informational bubble, it's easier to tell someone from outside Europe that you're European.
So that map might reflect the advent of the internet and the effect of digital globalisation on identities.

Also as China and other regional powers have become more assertive, this is likely pushing Euros closer together because they fear they could become more irrelevant if they're alone against huge regional powers.