Great Britain

Why they calling themselves the Great Britain? What's so great about it?

Attached: Flag_of_Great_Britain_(1707–1800).jpg (1000x600, 76.53K)

Great Britain does't exist anymore, Vlad...

People dont call it that anymore

You can delete your thread now.

It's because Britanny is in France (where they speak a language related to Welsh), Great Britain means "Greater Britanny". IIRC this dates back to Ancient Greek geographers who first named the area

The island is called great britain as it's the largest island in the british isles

Attached: 19047.jpg (960x684, 194.84K)

Why not Large Britain then?

you have been banned from /r/ireland

indeed, why russia instead of gayretardland?

great is the fact they will soon collapse

It's larger than lesser britain which is ireland.

Why are they so irate?

Its not called Great Britain as a boast, its named that as it is the larger of the 2 main islands in the British Isles.

Attached: Terminology-British-Isles-United-Kingdom-Ireland-Great.jpg (1600x1600, 938.94K)

gays are now welcome here, unlike retards

>not welcome*

fixed

Great used to mean large in english, the meaning only changed to good relatively recently.

>Great Britain line includes shetland, orkneys, isle of wight, anglesey, outer hebrides
Retarded.

I didnt draw it g

You wouldn't get it.

because it's fantastic. paki niggers will pretend it's because it's a big island. that is false. we declared ourselves great after we conquered the world and left an indelible mark on human history centuries ago

why dont you call Russia large Ukraine?

Only 5 islands (vecause A*stralia is anisland too even if Anglotards prefer to say it's a continent because they are arrogant. In French education we learn A*stralia is an island) are bigger than France.

What about Brittany?

>What's so great about it?
you speak their language right now

because ukraine is a fictional country in the first place

based

Nope, I speak american simplified english.

hey tard, the clue is in the word 'english'. where could that possibly come from

america.

From the Angles people of Germany?

Me.

Attached: Flag_of_the_United_States_(1776–1777).svg.png (1280x853, 6.38K)