Why do people pretend this is difficult to understand?

David Lynch literally spells it out for you after they open the blue box.

She is a failed actress who was in love with a lesbian, but she was a hoe and run off with the director.

She then hires a hitman to kill her before killing herself.

The party at the end is where she sees all the people and incorporates them into her fantasy dream we saw in 2/3 of the opening film.

The last 1/3 is just real life flashback, e.g party, diner hitman and shooting herself.

Attached: Mulholland.png (220x330, 106.06K)

Diane is dreaming she is Rita not Betty. The film follows pretty close rules about this for at least the first 1/3

what was the significance of the laughing old couple?

Not a ton of proof but apparently its Adam and Camilla

Why cant people just sit back and enjoy the show instead of freaking out every time something doesnt follow ”le classic narrative”

lost highway but worse

You left out the connection between the mob boss' disgusted reaction at drinking a capuccino. When she sees the same man at the party, Betty is also drinking a coffee, and her sense memory has conflated her own bitterness, the taste of the coffee, and the mob boss into one feeling that is expressed in her dream.

aunt and uncle who forced her to become actress and to this path

Beyond all this, I think there are themes of sexual abuse running throughout the film, like Diane was abused and this, like all trauma, continues to manifest itself in various ways. There is the older couple who laughs with each other like they have an unspoken secret. This theme of unspoken evil is there most prominently in Club Silencio, obviously with the themes of silence, but also in the thundering part where the "conductor" grimaces and stuff, as if he's getting some sort of immoral pleasure (sexual abuse) while Betsy squirms as if being raped. The way that he holds the mic stand is also quite phallic. Her acting part with the old man (named Woody) also gave me impressions of an elder abuser.

It also explains her lesbianism as possibly a disgust of penises started by her abuse.

Never seen it, but it sounds like some retards are trying to sound like intellectuals and projecting deeper meaning into some shit that was probably shallow and obvious because Hollywood is shit and has the intellectual depth of a puddle of piss in the desert.

fucking…owned….

>Betsy squirms as if being raped.
Betty is squirming because she and Rita are becoming the same person because there in fact the same person. Thats the main point of Club Silencio. Diane has been dreaming she's Rita not Betty. Betty squirms as they become the same person and then Diane wakes up from the dream.

yeah exactly no movie ever made in california has managed to be profound

I always thought that the hitman was part of her bullshit revenge fantasy.

>it's a dream bro
Lynchfags are pathetic

You can only post ITT if you’ve won a jitterbug competition and angrily masturbate on drugs.

>so she goes up to hollywood. but before reaching the top, she is stopped. she is lured for a shortcut and back entrance. she thinks is gonna be ok and her dreams are coming true. but she sees that the end of the road is not what she dreamed of, on the opposite, she gave it all for the dream, yet got nothing out of it. she gave her body and soul to the dream and ended up alone, a failure and worst of all, her dream shattered.
so lynch is basically exposing hollywood. WTF I LOVE LYNCH NOW.

Its her parents from which she ran away to pursue a life of stardom. It's a commentary on society and why people pursue fame, like twin peaks is a commentary about how people get fucked up in the pursuit of power.

Lynch's work is shallow, trite, silly. Decoding puzzle-films is a way of flattering themselves that they are smart and hip and “with-it.” These movies are for teenagers who are too young to understand much about life or for adults too intimidated by the complexity of adult life to want to grapple with it.

First time I saw it the movie went completely over my head, though I still enjoyed it. Whereas something like Inland Empire is a complete clusterfuck and a complete waste of time unless you're willing to dissect it scene by scene.

Attached: Bonnie Aarons with David Lynch.jpg (1158x808, 152.2K)

"and you know how I left all that meat out because I saw Mr. David Lynch on TV doing it, and he got on TV from doing it, and I did it and I didn't get on TV from doing it?"

It's a TV pilot that Lynch slapped an ending on after it was rejected by ABC. Everything in the first two thirds of the movie was just setups for the rejected TV-show and everything afterwards was just him trying to tie up lose ends so they could do something with the project. I love Lynch but this movie is easily his most overrated.

I love Inland Empire because it's the only movie I've seen thst genuinely feels like one of my dreams. People often say Lynch's movies are very dreamlike but I feel like Inland Empire is the only one of his movies that genuinely work of dream logic.

Lynch's movies are meant to be experienced rather than decoded, he states as much himself.
I very much doubt you've ever met a person who took personal pride in watching Lynch films. I've never even come across any single person who made being a film buff a core part of their personality.
You're a dishonest kamikaze nigger freak