A-ARE THERE LARGE RODENTS IN THIS HOUSE AAAAAAARGH I'M GOING INSANE SAVE ME NIGGERMAN

>A-ARE THERE LARGE RODENTS IN THIS HOUSE AAAAAAARGH I'M GOING INSANE SAVE ME NIGGERMAN
What Lovecraft stories would you like to see filmed? For me its Rats in the Walls.

Attached: 1647356876823.jpg (170x209, 9.14K)

Attached: howard phillips lovekeks.jpg (640x640, 246.12K)

The Dunwich Horror

innsmouth look, and make sure you make it clear that immigrants are the problem

The Whisperer in Darkness is one of my absolute favorites, and I've read everything he's written. Could definitely be adapted for film with some artistic liberties

At the Mountains of Madness with a good budget would be great

Rats in the Walls would be great because it's very filmable and the plot itself is layered. I also think the story's conclusion is quite movielike.

We need frodo to uncancel richard stanley and get the color out of space crew to finish their trilogy

adaptations we need badly:
>the dunwich horror is correct
>the shadow over innsmouth
>mountains of madness

That one from the '70s is ok. More inspired by than a direct adaptation.
There needs to be a new one filmed more faitthful to the source material.

>NOOOOOO, AN IRISHMAN! THIS IS AN EXISTENTIAL HORROR BEYOND ALL COMPREHENSION! AHHHHH MY FACE IS MELTING!!!

it's not really ok at all, it's a campy cheap piece of shit that didn't take the source seriously

>human/outer god hybrid
>gets mauled to death by a library guard dog
>

Attached: 1dgh711as.jpg (726x726, 293.73K)

this but unironically

>The Whisperer in Darkness
There is the one low budget film they made of this story. Its pretty good. Kinda corny though. I felt it should have taken itself more seriously.

I'll go with a less popular pick and say The Horror at Red Hook. Sadly its far too based for modern hollywood to touch.

It could have been worse though. That Lurking Fear (1994) adaptation is probably the worst Lovecraft movie ever.

Worse than either version of The Dunwich Horror?

I've seen the 1970 one. I didn't know the one from 2008 existed till I looked it up just now. Is it pretty bad?

Attached: tumblr_6745a327350a2f2f2bd90706c07f57c9_a91a5817_540.jpg (538x384, 41.12K)

>What Lovecraft stories would you like to see filmed?

Mountains of Madness
Nyarlathotep
Dreams in the Witch House
Dream Quest of Unknown Kadath
Through the Gates of the Silver Key
Call of Cthulu, like a proper full budget adaptation.

oh shit link please?

I'd love to see At the Mountains of Madness done extremely close to the story as an ~5 hour long movie, which is what I think it would take to do it justice.

As more of a lighthearted joke idea, though, I'd be into doing The Shadow over Innsmouth with Ryan Gosling playing the protagonist. I think he'd do a good job. I'm actually kinda surprised that for all the various influenced-by-Shadow-over-Innsmouth stories out there, nobody has tried to do a straightforward adaptation yet.

fuck can you imagine how kino it would be...a 5 hour mountains of madness with ~20 minute+ stretches of no dialogue, just the ship slowly making its way

you'd think with Hollywood's inability to do anything original these days, relying on endless sequels, rehashes and adaptations, that they'd try their hand at a serious Lovecraft adaptation

this gets close if you're interested

Attached: A19kPemUQML.jpg (1810x2560, 1.04M)

they did with color out of space and it was kino af

i might actually check this out...it's just 2 volumes right?

>the most horrifying sign of Delapore’s madness at the climax of his bestial descent into animalistic frenzy is that he starts speaking Irish

Attached: CA82ECDC-EBA2-4070-9399-3CB436B8AD58.jpg (506x454, 25.06K)

>AAAAHHH MONSTER SO SCARY I CANT DESCRIBE IT
>AAA IM CRAZY
what a hack

Yeah, that's pretty much how I imagine it too - it would be amazing.

yep

Attached: EA1j2GLXUAA5pCf.jpg (1000x672, 239.2K)

"save me niggerman" is a qaulity meme

If you mean the Nicolas Cage one, I enjoyed it but it was pretty far from the original story

>ahhhhh nooooo is that....is that an indescribable horror!? Ahhhhhhhhhh its too much for me to comprehend nooooooooooo!

Attached: cde2072cdd8ec9b30a00f18a88a1970f.jpg (720x540, 23.57K)

Gonna buy it on Amazon right now (ugh but where else) and take a read

it was a good modernization, probably the best we could ask for. visuals are off the charts.

looks like it's time to peep this while listening to one of my dark ambient playlists

>>AAAAHHH MONSTER SO SCARY I CANT DESCRIBE IT
>>AAA IM CRAZY
Kino, no wonder we still see people drawing inspiration from his work 1 thousand years after he died.