Which language is better to learn?

First I thought Vietnamese is more useful but then I realized the potential of Indonesian.
And I thought Vietnamese will be easier to learn because of hanja influence but then I found out about 6 tones. But then people say Indonesian gets really hard when I get deeper.

Attached: 2c28a744ed3746b9ac6f03fa501258f3.jpg (399x245, 48.71K)

can i ask what potential is of indonesian?

Indonesia is projected to be a booming economy in in the coming decades and is supposed to actually be relevant with its 200 - 300 million citizens

Bahasa Indonesia sounds way nicer than viet. A lot of languages sound nicer than viet.

I don't know. I just read it on the internet. Something about populations and things like that.
And there are already lots of Koreans who learn or can speak Vietnamese while Indonesian is still considered a minority.

potential of stay being retarded and stay having low english proficiency

Mandarin

not happening in this century

How it sounds cannot be a consideration though

I feel like Bahasa Indonesia is very easy to learn if you're learning the standard form. It gets tough when you want to sound native since everybody uses slang and casual Indonesian sounds nothing like standard Indonesian. It just depends on your goal

Indonesian for gay sex

Why would you want to learn either of those languages?

Tiếng Việt is funky and weird. It's fun. Who cares about how useful it is

You don’t need to learn indon because any indon worth talking to can speak english. Look at average indon poster on this website, aren’t they retarded? Well average indon is 1000x more retarded than that

They offer a free language course in community center. Isn't it cool to learn such unique languages

Yes it's cool to learn a language but why learn a language purely because it's offered for free at a community centre when your language learning journey will take years?

So you mean that even if I learn it, there's a possibility for me to not being able to comprehend what locals say?
What else should I do in my freetime?

Learn Quranic Arabic
Learn Biblical Hebrew
Learn Koine Greek
Learn Finnish
Up to you

There's no way to learn such languages here and I'm not interested in as well.

Most of indonesia is going to end up underwater or desertified and the refugees are moving to australia

Both Indonesia and Vietnam have this problem though. It just boils down to whose culture you like better. In general I feel like Indonesia is underappreciated.

getting a vietnamese girl >>> speaking indon

You can self study user

Hard disagree. Vietnamese is the prettiest language in the world. For me, it's the central highlands accent.

But they say that Malay is literally the same so that's where I found it more useful

Malay is similar but you need to master Indonesian to get over the differences.

>hanja influence
This is like thinking Latin will be easy because you know English