Anglophones 200 years ago

> picrel
Americans today
> NOOOO WHY DO I HAVE TO LEARN A SECOND LANGUAGES

Attached: thomas-jefferson-quote-lbm7f0j.jpg (1200x630, 125.82K)

>the leaf frog doesn't understand why a super power stops needing to learn a new language after stopping being a borderline 3rd world cunt

I speak three languages and there are like four more that I have my eye on.

None of them are French.

I speak three languages also and we dont NEED to learn languages anymore because we are the greatest and most powerful country in the entire universe.

> frog
I'm an anglophone too stinky

>mostly illiterate farm workers and laborers
Anglophones now
>sending messages across the world through internet, can translate any language on the computer in 10 seconds

> I don't need to learn a second language because my government is more powerful than other governments
how are those ideas connected?

thomas jefferson wasn't a farmer. Going back even further, the founding fathers and early presidents were mostly middle-upper class and they were all multilingual.

Because the people of the world will learn my language to talk to me because I am in demand not them

>Smart, open minded, brave, adventurous, challengers
Anglophones now
>Retarded, racists, cowards, neets, monolingual activists

you're not in demand what is this fantasy? People will take you less seriously if you can't speak at least 2 languages. Plus it's obvious that nations rise and fall, they are temporary things. You can pass a language on to your kids. You can't pass your kids an empire that no longer exists

>you're not in demand what is this fantasy?
American businesses and universities are the most powerful in the world, Americans have demand and value over literally everyone else in almost everything wherever you go just because of the education we get here, the business that are here, and the abilities just being American gives you. I already said I speak 3 languages.

Ironic

You know its true and you cant dismiss it.

You're a retard, but obviously he also means that we're the cultural hegemon.

I would like to learn another language but the problem is that I would have to go out of my way to ever use one if I did, even Spanish, so honestly the effort just isn't worth it. Maybe when I have more money to travel.

can I get your list of languages

>Retarded, racists, cowards, neets, monolingual activists
can apply to the french as well

how does that affect you learning a skill? It's like saying that learning to play sports is useless because you can just watch professionals play it on TV. I don't speak French either, but it's one I'd like to learn given my flag

>most powerful country in the entire universe.
China?

But the ones who are exposing it are you guys and you seem proud of your overall cluelessness.

can apply to the french as well

Americans and their anti-intellectualism never cease to amaze.

> American businesses and universities are the most powerful in the world
But you're a person, not an institution. It is irrelevant to you that organizations you neither are, nor a part of, are powerful.
> Americans have demand and value over literally everyone else
Maybe in the third world. Most countries in Europe aren't going to give you a work visa just because you're American or went to Harvard. Ivy league doesn't even have the same prestige as it once did, other than in the third world.

>165999627
You're from a 3rd world country I have doubts you even have a soul

French was the language of diplomacy 200 years ago
Today it's the language of africans and nafris

>Our connection with Spain is already important and will become daily more so

What did he mean by this?

Not really. If you learned spanish you could consume spanish media, movies, tv shows, articles etc without subtitles or translation. That's using the language. You can also practice by talking to yourself in the language in the mirror while shaving or while cleaning the house. It's a lot of effort overall, but day by day you only need to dedicate a few minutes a day. Also, if you want till your ready to travel to learn Spanish, you're gonna be able to remember like 5 words, not understand anyone else, so you'll just keep using English and feel like an idiot and a failure. Don't do that to yourself. Make it easy for yourself by starting now and doing a little every day.

It is a uniquely American thing to come to a forum for languages & culture, and insist that learning languages is pointless. I feel sorry for the Americans who have to live with these people every day.

that's the problem, most content in other languages is dogshit. even 99% of english shows are not worth watching so why would i consume all the others? most eu countries agree and mostly watch american shows

But I have absolutely no interest in any Spanish media. Why learn a language just to consume media I'm not interested in and to talk to myself?

If your people werent interested about foreign cultures and shit you would never had cinela and shit since its french my dude, your hegemony has been spread because you were open to the world, now that you locked yourself up into your mediocrity nobody respects the states anymore.