Who asked for these movies?

Who asked for these movies?

Attached: IMG_20220402_203123.jpg (1047x1280, 221.52K)

I enjoyed both

It's strange, Death on the Nile was a total flop but they're still pushing forward with a third one

Upper middle clash English types.

I watched this movie and immediately asked myself who the target audience is

They can blame it on the pandemic so it's not really held against the movie. Like West Side Story flopped, but people still like it.

The film has grossed $134 million against a production budget of $90 million, making it a box office disappointment. Nevertheless, a sequel is in development.

I can already see it, Oscar winning director Kenneth Branagh presents Evil Under the Sun

but people don't like this shit

Kenneth Branagh. I'm convinced these movies are just there to stroke his ego

Just about every movie that came out recently was a flop or did bad business, capeshit excluded, obviously.

It was way less comfy than murder on the orient express.

these actually had potential to be good, all they had to do was strip everything down minimally. small scale stories do not need cheesy hollywood effects and editing, totally ruined orient. drama has become too fake and corny

Idk. I couldn't even finish the train one, it was just so fucking boring from what I remember.

Yes they do.

I had no fucking clue this was a sequel to murder on the orient express. I watched that after death on the Nile. Both are very mediocre and seem like they would’ve been good were they made 50 years ago.

Orient Express was...serviceable, but this movie went too far with CGI crocodiles, crazy camera movements in a completely digital environment and a strange dance number to start the plot.

Oh yeah, and that WW1 scene which is in because Hollywood has been fascinated by the great war in the recent years

will i find it comfy if I have an egypt fetish?

both were far less comfy than their David Suchet versions
the BBC DotN has Emily Blunt as the heiress
he's honestly surprised me with some quality performances in recent years. He plays Psychotic Russian Oligarch really well
His Poirot was pretty good and I enjoyed it

I'll take Branaghkino any day.

We only like emoticons and William Smith

Branagh is such an essential theatre kid director, it's unbearable

>third one
What is it going to be? The ABC Murders? Evil under the sun?

The Sir David Suchet telly series was better.

Ten Little Niggers

It has nothing to do with Egypt

Older women

I hope they do something original like emoticons and will smith

More like will baka

I watched Death on the Nile. The several murders and the chase action sequence seemed excessive to me. Then I read the book and it actually was in the source. Other things were much weirder with no good explanation however.
The cast is rainbow-colored. You could expect it to be "colorblind casting", but no, their races get brought up in nonsensical manners. One is when the negress mother and daughter get questioned about a possible motivation. They were at a pool, and the victim, then a child, complains that there are negros in the pool. Yes, around the 1900s, the only one to bothered by negros in an upper-class whites' pool was a little girl.
The other is when the Pajeet is questioned why he didn't mention he was carrying a handgun, his answer is that the local authorities wouldn't like a dark-skinned man with a gun. They were in fucking Sudan. Or Egypt at some points.
Loads of nonsense, just leaves you wondering what the hell they were thinking

As we're the Ustinov movies and they're not really the types of movies where new special effects and production techniques make a difference. I really don't know who Branagh thought his audience was going to be.

> No Rachel Weiss in Egyptian makeup
> The entire story takes place on a boat, may as well not be in Egypt at all
> Again, no Rachel Weiss in Egyptian makeup
There is nothing for the Egyptologist in this movie
However, the redhead villain is pretty hot