Quebec is about to ban using english in schools, workplaces, government services

>Quebec is about to ban using english in schools, workplaces, government services
>immigrants and transplants will not be allowed to speak English at home
>you can get fined thousands of dollars for breaking french language laws
>Whole country is seething

Does this happen in your country?

Attached: IMG_3777-1024x683.jpg (1024x683, 111.29K)

Other urls found in this thread:

dailyhive.com/vancouver/bill-96-french-language-anglophones
youtube.com/watch?v=HRVR5drSWOY&ab_channel=GlobalNews
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Are the people in that picture First Nations? What effect will these laws have on their languages?

>Whole country is seething
I don’t get why they even care it’s not like they live there. This is a country as large as Europe basically. You could probably go your entire life without seeing a French or a Native depending where you lived.

Basè

>First Nations
Those guys are no more native than mexicans are white

>you colonized us enough

Attached: EF73B94C-6383-4753-B5D6-FAA188779600.jpg (2544x4000, 381.85K)

>ban using english in workplaces
this would be terrible for business

VGH… MES FRÈRES QVEBECOIS

Why does French get such a special position in Canada? Why not Inuit? Or with the recent migrants, why not Chinese or Punjabi?

I never understood that situation. Why dont they just form their own country at that point?

They look mixed race to me. Most Indians in the US and Canada are heavily nixed; it's only in the very rural, isolated areas that they aren't mixed.

Why doesn't Quebec just secede if they hate the English language so much?

They are mohawk, aka the only people who ever took up arms against the canadian government in the last century in the oka crisis.

they might revolt again, who knows.

I didn't pay attention until recently. federal governments been real quiet on it actually.

Attached: Mohawk.jpg (2839x2180, 2.01M)

>leave our languages alone
Ok then actually speak them and don’t use English signs if you love your language of like 2000 speakers. Cry about one colonizer language but use the other. They are so dumb.

Canada is Quebec's paypig

They held referendums and lost out by like 3%. I bet they'd win now

They had a referendum in the 90s, but it barely failed. Since then the Canadian government has been more accommodating towards the Quebecois, so I think support for independence has decreased somewhat.

They lost by 1%.

They do it so that your monolingual pea brain can understand what the protest is about, anglo scum.

>Why does French get such a special position in Canada?
They came first and the population was too large
>Why not Inuit?
They have treatments and services in their regions. There’s like 40,000 Inuktitut speakers.
>not Chinese or Punjabi?
Go to the places these people live and all the signs for restaurants or whatever are in their languages

May I have some sources on this please?

their identity is still very native.

eh we tried that a few times.

Attached: oka-1990-guns.jpg (699x383, 55.33K)

They were extremely close in succeeding but got a very good deal to stay within Canada so I doubt it’ll work now. Maybe but back then there was a lot more frenchbashing but now it doesn’t exist as much.

>complain about English signs
You’re Anglo!!! You’re fucking stupid Mahmoud. What Anglo would complain about this.

Toi de toute évidence, ducon

dailyhive.com/vancouver/bill-96-french-language-anglophones

if you run a business with more than 30-40 employees and they speak english, you will get fined and possibly revoked.

quebec already bans new migrants and immigrants from choosing english schools, and 90% of the population speak french. this is since quebec feels threatened about all the english businesses and tourists in montreal.

>close to zero division among population
>gov introduces segregation bill
So I guess this is it, friends. We are joining the rest of the world in being Americanized and talking about race and culture 24/7?

BASED and ANGLOSPITEPILLED

frenchies... not even once

language is more based as a struggle. entire countries have been destroyed by language wars.

this is going to fuck up the quebec economy though. example is from below, anglicized guy with a clear french name will need to pay thousands to get his business de-anglicized.

youtube.com/watch?v=HRVR5drSWOY&ab_channel=GlobalNews

gebaseerd

I wonder if it'll be better for a bilingual person like me in tech.
No English = less pajeets = more demand? I feel like Quebec has a good number of local companies too. It'll definitely fuck up the start-up sector though and any possibilities of tech giants creating HQs here.
And it will most likely fuck up the AI sector...
Yea, now that I think about it maybe it's not so great.