Indy was a dick in this movie

Has anyone else noticed how big of a dick Indy was in this film? It's actually a little jarring if you compare him to Raiders/Crusade.

People like to bitch about Willie and Short Round for being annoying but Indy is a huge dick to both of them. Like he threatens to murder Willie right when the two of them first meet. He also mostly talks down to her for the entire film. Even though she was basically being kidnapped and brought against her will. He also treats Short Round like shit for the entire thing. I think this mostly gets unnoticed since the film features child slavery. But it's really bizarre if you watch all of these films back to back.

Attached: Indiana-Jones-steven-spielberg-harrison-ford-1417656.jpg (590x350, 40.64K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=nLpQ3-VL0xc
twitter.com/AnonBabble

That's why it's the best one

>ummm yikes this has not aged well

I'd be pissed too if I had to look out for a small Asian kid and bitchy blonde while I'm trying to find treasure / fight bad guys.

This one was based

It wasn't viewed positively when the film came out either. Temple of Doom was seen as the black sheep of the franchise up until Kingdom of the Crystal Skull.

boo fucking hoo.

youtube.com/watch?v=nLpQ3-VL0xc

Temple is the only one I really like, and it's more like an actual pulp story rather than being a pastiche of one. No wonder effeminate loons wring their hands at it.

>Temple is the only one I really like
But why user? Raiders has the truck scene.

Attached: 2cd0874272bcda36319fdce3b112504a--jim-steranko-pre-production.jpg (644x734, 96.68K)

You're getting upset that Indy, when he's in his "fortune and glory" phase, talks down to a loud woman who risks insulting people accused of being cultists, or tries to make sure his partner doesn't do anything that gets either of them killed?

>when he's in his "fortune and glory" phase
You could argue that his quest in Temple of Doom is purely altruistic since he doesn't seem that interested in keeping the Sankara stones. He even lets all of them go except one since he was planning on giving it to the village.
>talks down to a loud woman who risks insulting people accused of being cultists, or tries to make sure his partner doesn't do anything that gets either of them killed?
He's dragged a child and a woman he kidnapped on a journey into a temple of human traffickers. I think on some level it's his fault they might be a little annoying in that circumstance.

Temple of Doom was the worst of the 3.

I can sort of see that objectively but it's actually the one I find the most interesting since Lucas clearly wanted to not rehash the original. Which is extremely admirable especially when you look at something like Disney Star Wars. It's so drastically different from Raiders and constantly attempts to introduce new things. Some of which land and some don't. I can only admire it for how much balls the creators had to make it.

By comparison Last Crusade is the one I've rewatched the least because it feels like a rehash of Raiders in a lot of respects. (Indy's going after another Christian artifact, the main antagonists are Nazis etc). Which makes sense since George stated it was made as an apology to critics who didn't like ToD.

Attached: 98030.jpg (1000x1426, 822.11K)

It's called being based, you wouldn't understand

You forgot he's a date rapist who tries to blackmail a starving woman into sleeping with him for food, then when she says fuck you at the end and tries to walk off, he lassos her round the waist and drags her back.

Harrison Ford is a date rapist in most of his famous movies... Blade runner being the most egregious example

Where's this from?

oh noooo sweetie, how's it possible. Three movies without a single trigger warning. Better cancel all the movies, also you forgot to mention how racist the movies are depicting poc as less civilized

Attached: 164784769458987.png (678x476, 386.09K)

Attached: INDIANAJONES-actors-creators.png (711x1748, 1.24M)

I have the same view, and always considered temple of doom my favorite. It's a real adventure, forced upon them rather than elected.

It's concept art made for the film