Based France

>France has introduced a list of French words and expressions to replace common English gaming jargon in the country’s latest battle against “franglais”.
>Among the expressions affected are “early access”, which now becomes “accès anticipé”, “pro-gamer” which is now “joueur professionnel”, and “cloud gaming”, which will now be known as “jeu vidéo en nuage”.
>Académie Française denounces rise of English words in public life.
>Centuries-old language watchdog the Académie Française warned in February of a “degradation that must not be seen as inevitable”.

Attached: 1654547944895.jpg (1242x1226, 104.35K)

Laisse mon jeu vidéo en nuage tranquille sale fdp

I'm slowly learning that "gamers" have the stereotype of being pathetic manchildren for a reason and everyone who told me to give that shit up and do something more useful with my time was only trying to help.

Pathetic.

>not being a gaymer
based
>giving up playing games with the lads
cringe

I wanted to bring attention toward the current anglicization of languages, but whatever

Hmmm, you have a point...

What is not too complex for journalists?
Those people a plain retarded.

Qu'est-ce qu'il a fait avec les jeux vidéo?

woah looks like they're supressing English population, that's very nazi of them, someone should do something about it

Why don't they just run with it like the japanese do Its not like its something that you can really control anyway.

>Académie Française
You mean the place where old fucks get handed cushy jobs to pass meme rulings that 9/10 are irrelevant outside of government paper work?

Most of them are behind retarded imo.
>cloud gaming = jeu vidéo en nuage
Would have been perfectly fine to make it short er and call it "Jeu en nuage"
>pro-gamer = joueur professionnel
A "joueur professionnel" can be any type of professionnal sportsman, it's not as precise as pro-gamer.
>esport = jeu vidéo de compétition
Too long. They could just call it Sport Électronique and abreviate it "esport"
>streamer = joueur-animateur en direct
I have not solution for this one. Streamer sounds cool while the french "equivalent" is a mouthful

Deus Pater Bottom

Basé.
Mon prince Emmanuel...

Well obviously not you guys

IVPITER, i kneel

Je propose les fluxeurs pour remplacer streamers

It can't be so irrelevant since oftentimes the elites' language use does manage to change the common man's language. Just look at how the normans FRENCH'd the anglo-saxon language.

Attached: main-qimg-5ce79ee8b3c318b4a886182d74159f34.png (600x600, 132K)

My thoughts are too complex for Europeans.

Pathetic lmao