Why can't I learn another language? why is it so difficult????

why can't I learn another language? why is it so difficult????

Attached: worst feeling.jpg (1000x1000, 383.45K)

Which language are you trying to learn?

I've tried Arabic, but it's an absolute brainfuck of a language. I swear to god, every word sounds the exact same! I took Spanish classes for 2 years in high school but I still can't speak it. Every language I try to learn is either a grammatical clusterfuck or just complete nonsense. Why doesn't every language use consonants the same way as English? I've literally tried every language on duolingo and I couldn't even learn a full sentence in any of them. Am I genuinely fucking stupid? Or are foreign languages just total bullshit?

Attached: trolldoomer.jpg (1080x1080, 81.9K)

>I've literally tried every language on duolingo and I couldn't even learn a full sentence in any of them. Am I genuinely fucking stupid?
Considering forming sentences is the one single thing Duolingo is focusing on, then yes.
But it's also an awful platform that won't teach you a language on its own.

Pick a language, find the general on Any Forums that speaks it, and try to read it as you learn. You will learn by inputting and outputting at least an hour a day, even if you're just reading posts that you barely understand aloud.
t. /djt/fag who's still learning after two years and I FEEL myself growing, however glacially.

> find the general on Any Forums that speaks it
The Turkish general is full of 15 year olds and they communicate in retarded internet slang

>Pick a language, find the general on Any Forums that speaks it
Awful advice 2bh. You shouldn't absorb "Any Forums lingo" in the early days of your learning. You'll also learn internet slang (Any Forums or not) that doesn't apply to IRL use of the language.

>I took Spanish classes for 2 years in high school but I still can't speak it
>Am I genuinely fucking stupid?

Based on these two points, I'm thinking yes

>trying to learn another language for 5 years whilst living in the country
>still can't follow basic conversations
Anglos were born to suffer

Attached: 551.jpg (999x827, 38.89K)

if i were english native speaker i would never learn any other language because it doesnt make sense

unless its your hobby or you want to live abroad

small frontal cortex

>Why doesn't every language use consonants the same way as English?
you were never going to make it

To be fair Finnish is insane hardmode for anglos.

Spanish is great language, once you learn the alphabet you can pronounce every word in the language even if you have never heard them before because it's a consistent language, unlike Engl*sh or other "languages"

>for anglos
as if you could do better, your language is almost as simple as english.

Best way to work on pronunciation is to listen to the language a lot and practice speaking to yourself and others. You should be able to roughly reproduce its sound system after a little exposure and practice. It's amazing how quickly you can get a feel for this. No point trying to use English. You can work on individuals sounds but it isn't strictly necessary if you carefully copy native pronunciation, refining more and more as you get better. It can help to know the articulation of unfamiliar sounds though, especially if you have a bad ear.

English is a crutch and so prevalent you barely need much else even when living in many other countries. You would learn any language without months if you really had to and couldn't rely on English. Maybe not reading and writing, maybe not formal speech, but certainly conversational fluency.

Every speaker of any language says this shit including uninitiated Englishspeakers. It's not true for Spanish either. And it's not a helpful idea. You learn by listening.

>Every speaker of any language says this shit including uninitiated Englishspeakers. It's not true for Spanish either. And it's not a helpful idea. You learn by listening.
It is true for Spanish, and Japanese to a big degree too. They are actual consistent languages, the letters are always pronounced the same.
Learning by listening is retarded, especially for "languages" like English, no wonder so many retards have shit grammar can't and end up committing the most stupid mistakes like not knowing the difference between "you're" and "your"

probably because you're estimating how long it takes to learn another language

underestimating*

I can be your German teacher if you want to learn German. Then just give me your discord and your homework can begin

Attached: 182 - 4uAIA25.png (657x527, 130.28K)

>and Japanese

Attached: 1493910580801.jpg (569x802, 109.27K)