Was this sword fight realistic

Any historians weight in if this was accruate for fighting of this period?

Attached: Arya-duels-Brienne-in-GOT-7x04-The-Spoils-of-War.jpg (1070x602, 112.55K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/FM8M6b9zEx8
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>Was this sword fight realistic
I don't know, was it?

Attached: 1501850880327.webm (640x360, 2.76M)

Nothing involving that little shit ugly mary sue is realistic. Like, not even a single part in every scene she's in is down to earth, everything is always magic plot armor shit.

Someone post that comic

Attached: nothin personnel.png (1200x1781, 2.89M)

Why would you post that terribly edited version?

Attached: 1502736501061.jpg (1200x1781, 298.49K)

Attached: 1617323478338.jpg (800x450, 84.96K)

It's shitpost for the (not very) long night episode and retards not being able to set their own screen

>this period
yes it was accurate for 9th millenium westeros

>plot armor
>suffers continuous misfortune for the entire show before becoming an unkillable god in the final act

I liked her character before she went to assassin school. I guess getting hit by bamboo sticks and sweeping the floor for a year made her the most powerful warrior on the planet, even outclassing the people who trained her. The face swapping makes it even worse.

like the sword is about 6ft long the child is about 4ft away swing mid mass horizontally throw the sword at the end of the ark and sholdercharge in shes eather chopped in half or just had here sternum broke from 200kg of mass slamming here to the ground

total action time is less than 3 secconds so a "counter" like when you see people impale bears is negligable to unfathomable

t.schizo chad

That's literally the definition of mary sue?
> Oh look at the poor girl she's suffering so much! She just got stabbed in the gut and uuuhhh got blinded after breaking the rules? All this continuous misfortune that LITERALLY GETS SOLVED WITHIN MINUTES totally means she deserves to be an unkillable god!

You know what's funny? That after years of fighting and training, grown ups like The Dog or Brienne get beaten by a little girl who trained for 2 days in King's Landing and then fought with a stick when she went blind for 2 hours.

Imagine thinking "constant misfortune" is surviving being stabbed once.

Actual full plate armor medieval sword combat involved swinging 5lbs pieces of blunt metal at each other in hopes of knocking each other out, it was a about using bodyweight and being as brutal as you could, don’t ever think even for a moment that all that gay ass Hollywood choreography shit went down back then.

Example
youtu.be/FM8M6b9zEx8

all of the midge's "victories" are either tiny scratches, in position for tiny scratches, would do nothing against armor, or happen because of the giant freezing up like an idiot. In a real fight you use your mass way more instead of the stupid hollywood dance. Most fights ended with "oops you left your guard open for a split second and i cleaved it open full force" or just tackling someone to the ground and wrestling your sword into them. And thats the sophisticated ones, otherwise its mostly just chance and reach determining who gets caught in the hand and left defenseless within a few seconds. Also a lot more grappling in general, grabbing at each other's weapons, etc

Attached: file.png (494x220, 151.7K)

>for fighting of this period
Excuse me, sir, this is fiction.

So I’m other words, Arya would have been rag dolled by Brienne in real life, think of Brienne vs Sandro but Sandor being 2 feet smaller and 200lbs lighter

>immediately starts swinging sword all over the place trying to decapitate a little girl
Aren't they just friendly sparring
Why aren't they using wooden dummy swords so they don't hurt themselves
Oh yeah, because it's utterly creatively bankrupt

Knight vs deluded Brat results in dead brat.

Why did her acting get so bad at the end

Oh damn the knee kick in 2:02. If you're overweight and have the wrong body build stuff like this will cripple you

terrible writing and direction

Though he only aimed for his butt. Imagine if he aimed for the back of the knee at an angle.

>have much longer sword
>immediately get as close as possible and start swinging wildly

>using blunted weapon larp fights as an example of anything
Everyone in that fight knows there's next to no change of them dying.