Damn, all THAT was Macedonia???

Damn, all THAT was Macedonia???

How come we never see any historical kino depicing the TRUE kings of Europe?

Attached: Macedonia.png (2221x1062, 1.48M)

>kings of Europe
>most of the empire is outside Europe

Attached: T_17_(Panthera_tigris)_-_Koshyk.jpg (916x731, 82.97K)

>be Alexander
>steal most of Greece's country and culture
>call it Macedonian

Why did he skip Bithynia?

Protectorate.

Macedonians we’re Greek larpers way before Alexander’s time.

because they lost it all the second alexander died and most of the land was literal desert in iran

>Bacteria
lel

Fun fact: Alexander defined what counted as Europe through his conquests. Greeks could never expand beyond their little sphere of influence until he came along and showed them how to do it properly.

macedonia wasn't seen as separate from greece at the time. alexander is called macedonian for the same reason someone from ancient athens is referred to as athenian

macedonia is a larp
like germany, france, and england
an excuse to alienate people and fight wars

DAS RITE
Translator's note: most Greeks thought Macedonians were barely above niggers

>t. butthurt romaboo lameting the fact his faggot culture got wiped off the face of the earth by chad cultures

Oliver Stone's film is such a disappointment. No one should have trusted a movie on Stone's hands after he did his Vietnam movies.

>look how many meaningless buzzwords i can fit in one post!

funny enough even Aristotle spoke greek as a second language.

>TRUE kings of Europe?
Macedonia is just Ottoman rape babies now

>romaboo
Kek even livy says romans sent people to Athens to copy their laws
Romans were just another random city state before copying Greece

>DUDE I FRICKIN LOVE ROME!

Attached: 1628622318627.png (1004x800, 126.58K)

t. written in latin letters

Greeks already had a great deal of influence outside of greece through their colonies though retard.

Attached: greek colonies.jpg (1048x772, 116.06K)

didn't it only last for like 30 years? that's like a wet fart compared to most history

>not including the Philippines as Greek colonists

Meant philistines

The successor states lasted for hundreds of years though and were still ruled by the same Hellenistic Macedonian elite using Alexander's systems of government.

Please define "Greek colonies" to me. Did they pay any form of tribute or taxes to the, what I assume would be "proper" city states of Greece like Athens and shit? I thought Greece was just a collection of mostly independant states, where would the colony tributes even go to? Unless something is wrong with my premise of paying taxes to begin with.

Phoenician*. Nice try, romaboo.

>The successor states
Choose your successor anons

Attached: R(29).jpg (493x358, 64.08K)

For me, it's Seleucia

Attached: 1641847905127.jpg (929x960, 164.65K)

>The P in Ptolemy is silent
>literally pronounced "tow-leh-mee"
What's the fucking point of the P then?

Attached: ryoujoku.jpg (750x349, 290.99K)

The BMAC Archaeological sites are the shit dawg

Because people think the Ptolemy dynasty is filled with sub-saharan blacks now

actually later greeks (300 onwards) were more of a "colonizer" force that connected with and used their colonies. Older greeks (300 and before) used to simply send people to places and those were connected to the greek world but not in an economical, "colonial" sense.

>colonies in Europe
>0 cultural impact outside of modern Greece's borders
>0 linguistical impact had it not been for christcuck """"scholars""""" fanboying over latin and greek

Attached: Aryan 992_1000.gif (500x700, 2.99M)

>0 linguistical impact had it not been for christcuck """"scholars""""" fanboying over latin and greek
It's called soft power

Would depend on the colony. Usually they would have some kind of tributary status to their mother city at their founding due to dependence, but most grew out of this and become completely independent while the relations they kept with the mother city varied greatly. You shouldn't compare it to (pre)modern colonisation.

Yeah but you can't really say the Greeks never left their bubble when they settled cities like Syracuse that came to dominate Sicily even before the peloponesian war. The Greek world constantly expanded, it just was never united.

>user says Greeks never expanded before Alexander
>Give example why that's not true
>Ha but they don't have influence there anymore 2300 after Alexander!
That's not the discussion.