Lord of the Rings raised entire generations on black and white morality...

Lord of the Rings raised entire generations on black and white morality, pretentious moralizing and American anti intellectualism.

How do we fix this Any Forums?

Attached: 1646438116576.jpg (1600x1076, 515.07K)

>LOTR is based
we already know

What the fuck are you on about? It's escapist fantasy, it can be black and white.

then why do you people complain about marvel and capeshit?

Fpbp

Cause that shits gay nigga

I bet it involves removing the white part.

Let me guess. You want to know Aragorn's tax policies.

Red Skull had some good points though.

there is no narrative or cinematic beauty to behold in capeshit
just a bunch of action
it's the movie version of mindless action cartoon shows

Dude, saw George go on about this a while back, cracked me up, at least Tolkien ended his books.

>American anti intellectualism

What? The books were by J.R.R Tolkien who was English, and the movies were by Peter Jackson who is from New Zealand.

The world is ultimately black and white user. You can be grey all you'd like, but when something really matters, when something has to be done, it's black and white.

GRRM routinely criticizes Tolkien. As if a fat fuck who is lazy and disrespects his fans has the right to criticize anyone. He'll never be seen as a great writer after he dies. Instead that guy who never finished his work.
GURM wants to rip down Tolkien because he's seething about that fact.

in a sea of "grey" morality shows black and white morality is a breath of fresh air actually.

I mean, I like George's work, but Tolkien is still the best fantasy author, by far, probably because of the insane amount of time he invested into his secondary world, and the studious efforts of his son to carry on his legacy after his death, a real shame we lost the both of them.

>GURM wants to rip down Tolkien because he's seething about that fact.
this. he knows that deep down, given how long it has taken him to finish this last book alone, that he has NO chance of finishing it within his lifetime. he can't even claim to have a rough outline of what happens because, by his own admission, that rough outline coalescing into a big clusterfuck is why he can't continue.

The fat fuck is right, Lotr was the original capeshit with its plot armor, cartoon villains and one dimensional characters

>However, Martin disagreed with this plot turn, saying, "Much as I admire Tolkien, I once again always felt like Gandalf should have stayed dead...His last words are, 'Fly, you fools.' What power that had, how that grabbed me." As such, Martin felt the words were lessened after knowing Gandalf returns. "Then he comes back as Gandalf the White, and if anything he's sort of improved... I think it would've been an even stronger story if Tolkien had left him dead."

The world is black and white. There is objective truth, and morally greu areas are extremely rare.

You and your filth will be purged from the history books like the mistakes you are

I feel kind of bad for George, there's so much going on in his books, so many characters, tying the series up in a lifetime is a daunting task, but he is being a lazy fuck, no doubt about it.

the problem is that he got too complicated in the wrong ways. tolkein had an incredibly deep world and a ton of lore but the actual stories for the hobbit and the lord of the rings are fairly straightforward. grrm branched off into too many different plotlines and characters to the point that he doesn't know what to do with them. it's like any time he came up with a cool concept for a character he had to include it as part of his books, instead of maybe just saving it for some future work.

Yeah, this absolutely the reason the show fell apart. George is a good writer, his first couple of books show this, but he's out of his depth here. Though anything he makes will still be better than the last two seasons of the show, that's for fucking certain.

>The fat fuck is right, Lotr was the original capeshit with its plot armor, cartoon villains and one dimensional characters
user you can find about 1,000 examples of things that fit your definition of "capeshit" throughout numerous cultures dating as far back as greek mythology