Just watched the '89 version and maybe it's just because i'm tired of modern edgy Joker...

just watched the '89 version and maybe it's just because i'm tired of modern edgy Joker, but Nicholson's rendition is unironically my favourite now. laughed loudly through his every scene, Jack is an acting force of nature

Attached: Barry Keegan or w.e the fuck his name is BTFO.png (900x593, 749.45K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=_9IPnB-stKk
youtu.be/jsw0Sht66BA
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Based

Jack is just Jack. He's a force of nature. Don't know if I would call him a good actor.

I don't know, they set up this idea that he considers himself an artist but never actually do anything with it.

wdym, is your implication that acting comes *so* effortlessly to him, that it is pointless to actually speak of his acting ability or is it that he just plays himself in everything?
the movie itself is not very good, but Jack's 10/10, worth every penny and first billing imo

shit, replied to the wrong guy here

>modern edgy Joker.
Ledger was funnier than Nicholson. Nicholson had one good joke(the glasses one). His le wacky antics weren't funny.

cringe edgy joker started with him and it's all we've been getting since.

i have no problems with and rather like Ledger's performance, the problem is that modern Joker already peaked with him and everyone after has been trying to one up him unsuccessfully
>Ledger was funnier than Nicholson
disagree, Ledger is funny enough, but Nicholson is a literal clown (in a good way), his every movement makes me grin

It's impressive how Jack just made an entire, celebrated career out of playing exaggerated versions of himself and he's considered one of the best actors of all time
I mean, he's usually the best part of every movie he's in so fair fucking play. He must've had the easiest effort-to-pay ratio for a job ever. By the 90s he was getting $5 million just for a 10 day job

Attached: 1633750352964.webm (640x360, 1.45M)

I liked the bit where he wiped away his flesh colored makeup to reveal the whitewash face underneath.

Hubba hubba hubba
Money money money
Who d'ya loooove?

He's fucking GREAT in 89 Batkino

Joker ideally has some sense of charm and charisma otherwise he wouldn't, for example, be able to get Harley to simp for him, mentally deranged as she is. Also being literally a joker he should be funny for shit's sake. Animation tends to get this more right as it necessarily has to appeal to children/teens more.

youtube.com/watch?v=_9IPnB-stKk

They're are JEWS at my table

It's "who do ya trust?" It's kind of the name of the song that played in that scene.
youtu.be/jsw0Sht66BA

funny and cute desu

Tim Burto vision is what I think about when thinking Batman and Gotham. comics should be stylized. Nolan ruined comic book adaptions forever

Attached: gfgsd.jpg (800x450, 49.17K)

Jack Nicholson is the only good actor there's ever been. The rest of them are hacks.

It's called charisma and only a very few amount of people have it like that while also being able conjure up 'the zone' at will.

There's actors and then there's leads. Jack Nicholson doesn't have a huge amount of range, he just sort of plays himself but he's good memorable character. He has a very unique and expressive face. Very laid back and sardonic. Sort of like an evil Bill Murray.

Harisson Ford is another guy, who is not a great actor but a good lead. Arnold Swartzenegger as well. They all have their own unique personas though.

It's part of trends. Batman 89 was actually praised for being darker and more serious and realistic portrayal. But in actuality it's still very comic book styled. Then people kept making it more realistic and such.

I really hope for the day when we can have a silver age Batman like 60's Adam West or Brave and the Bold done in live action. I don't think audiences are ready though.