Tom Green

>Andy Dick rips him off
>Andy Milonakis rips him off
>Eric Andre rips him off
>Ryan Trecartin rips him off
>Sam Hyde rips him off
>Joe Rogan rips him off
and yet it's 2022 and I'm forgotten, why?

Attached: 6810417785_d039cc87c9_b.jpg (914x1024, 365.84K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=CwV58ko68_8
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

He is a trail blazer for annoying in your face comedy, pranks, and harassing people on the street. However, for whatever reason after Freddy got Fingered, he kind of stopped? He did his online only talk show in his basement which was very laid back. Did he just burn out?

Attached: mpv-shot0218.jpg (2560x1440, 323.54K)

>Did he just burn out?
Maybe. It's like he just switched off that part of his mind. Would love to see him explain why, but nobody ever asks the right questions.

1. Why didn't he do more with Drew Barrymore? They only had cameos in each other's films, whereas they should have starred together.
2. Freddy Got Fingered was too insane to be a popular hit. It was him resisting structure and order and the studios only gave him one real chance and he blew it.
3. In the 2000's, he calmed down and only did a forgettable online talk show and had none of the pranks or energy.
4. He should have been doing shit with Jackass as well.

Well, to respond as best I can as a sketch comedy autist.

1. The relationship didn't last long enough. Tom cited irreconcilable differences as the reason to file. This is a man who is comfortable with a dog and a van in the woods. So she cheated on him, was a massive bitch, or some other, Hollyweird unknown variable.
2. I think blowing it is his greatest achievement. Depending on how much you're willing to give in to the Dadaist comparisons. He was unrelenting in his authenticity. It's forgotten now, but his SNL host is Kaufmanesque kino. Rapping about being a big boy who wears his undies, feeding Will Ferrell in a bird costume, sitting in a bathtub with Lorne Michael's. Bordering avant-garde territory.
3. It was innovative but he became so dry, like he defaulted back to Canadian comic sarcasm instead of his surrealist blend.
4. Steve-O admitted to ripping him off and watching the MTV Show and tapes of his Rogers 22 days. They're both skateboarders, honestly Tom taking the Bam spot would be fun alt history.
No more element boards hung on the wall I guess.

Attached: Tom_Greens_karaoke_night.png (639x399, 213.13K)

Classic Thom Greene.

>2. I think blowing it is his greatest achievement. Depending on how much you're willing to give in to the Dadaist comparisons. He was unrelenting in his authenticity.

People at the time couldn't understand it and only look at it for the surface level. I think the explanation is much simpler: it's a satire of then popular gross out comedy films and mirrors the plot of Chairman of the Board to a tee. I have no clue if that part was intentional or not. I saw Freddy and said "wait, this is just Chairman of the Board but completely insane.".

Sort of like how Airplane was a parody of Zero Hour!

Attached: 11224949_ori[1].jpg (799x1066, 248.43K)

A barrel roll?

yes, very influential. recently sold his LA mansion and moved back to a humble farm in Ottawa. took the "tedpill" as they say. A sign of future trends?

Similarities:

>30 something loser who still lives with his parents but has big dreams
>parents push him out to get a "real job"
>he has eccentric inventions that no one else seems to get but he believes will make him big
>Skateboarding and surfing
>average slob somehow has "the girl" throwing herself at him
>He travels to the big city to pitch his ideas to executives who block his dream

The differences being that they ramp up the insanity ten fold, and turn the hero from eccentric to insane, his creations genuinely garbage and nonsensical, and the evil executive is actually a nice guy who gives reasonable useful advice. The girl is so flat and useless while inexplicably being into him.

>recently sold his LA mansion and moved back to a humble farm in Ottawa. took the "tedpill" as they say. A sign of future trends?

More like he hasn't had any steady work in like 15 years, so he had to downsize.

more like Chairman of the bored

>'Pet Names For Genitalia'
>ever being forgotten

9/11 happened and he also divorced Drew Barrymore soon after.

I've always seen the comparisons to the Farley brothers films, how Green hit the gas pedal and made a hyperreality parody of them. This Chairman of the Board take is new to me, and I'm surprised their similarities never occurred to me before. All much more tangible than the Dadaist stuff.

Attached: Green.jpg (320x239, 25.93K)

Got cancer, lost a testicle. Lowered testosterone production probably calmed him down, like a neutered pet.

It does have the juxtoposition of gross out situations then sentimentality which is from farley films of that era, but the Chairman of the Board connection seems unmistakable.

I'm pretty sure I'm the only person who watched Chairman of the Board (it's on youtube in low quality) so that's likely why.

youtube.com/watch?v=CwV58ko68_8

Attached: mpv-shot0534.jpg (640x358, 33.31K)

He was the original Jackass, when he stopped his MTV show Jackass showed up and ran with it and never looked back, why he stopped I still don't know, now he's on TikTok telling people not to be distracted by hollywood stunts like the Will Smith slap

His cancer obviously made him take a break and he never regained the momentum. Presumably he would have just kept going without the cancer.

FATNIGGERFATNIGGERFATNIGGERFATNIGGERFATNIGGERFATNIGGERFATNIGGERFATNIGGERFATNIGGERFATNIGGERFATNIGGERFATNIGGERFATNIGGERFATNIGGERFATNIGGERFATNIGGER

4CHAAAAAAAN

because he was trying too hard, and everyone could tell.