Need to find a good candidate for a super soldier

>need to find a good candidate for a super soldier
>they pick the retard who jumps on a grenade at the first opportunity
This completely pulled me out of the movie. "Oh yeah this guy did such a good job for getting himself blown the fuck up at the first opportunity. We definitely want him to become the first super soldier he'll be of great use and have a long career."

Attached: retard.png (625x403, 446.09K)

Other urls found in this thread:

m.youtube.com/watch?v=bG6wu-mEBE0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

capeshit

I forget what happens, the commander threw a fake grenade and the soldiers just stepped back right? Steve didn't need to jump on it. Like, at all.

m.youtube.com/watch?v=bG6wu-mEBE0

It's about having heart
and splattering it for future Americans, I'm sure they'll be eternally thankful

>OP genuinely cannot comprehend the concepts of self-sacrifice, chivalry and heroism.
You're a faggot as always.

Because it's a mindset thing. Look up what kind of people pass the SEAL training, for example.

See
Everyone runs out of the grenade's radius or takes cover, he runs TOWARD it like a suicidal maniac and covers it with his body, ensuring his death

no shit retard

Maybe find a better way of portraying it than some suicidal feat.

Its actually more that someone jumping on a grenade to save half a dozen lives I'd the strategically optimal move. Its also instinctual, and a triumph of logic over fear. These three qualities are prime super soldier material. Fast thinking unafraid, and doing the optimal thing at all times for the unit/victory.

>Tommy Lee Jones was in a Marvel movie

Attached: index.jpg (1000x1000, 133.87K)

Reminded me of the fake grenade scene in MASH. Which at the time I saw it as a kid I thought was pretty heroic and it clicked in my mind that self sacrifice for your bros is something pretty amazing.

they wanted a selfless person, rather than a selfish person. anyways captain was a big PR weapon before he got tired of it and defied orders to save lives

and that's why you'll never be a hero

Self sacrifice is definitely based and all that. But I guess I'd rather they wrote in something more clever. Maybe he grabs something from nearby or uses his helmet to cover the grenade and still lies on it. As is, it's a very silly scene.

for dick sucking OP and all the retards in the thread

a grenade has a very small hard kil lradius, almost impossible to actually kill anyone with it. what it DOES have is a nice concussive blast wave that CAN severely wound or kill, and fragmenting shell which throws out highly lethal shards at lethal velocities randomly. 50 m +, which is why you want to be behind hard cover when one goes off.

so when a grenade is thrown the closest man HAS to jump on it to save everyone else, because then the blast just turns the ONE guy into hamburger, his body taking the blastwave and all the shrapnel, sparing everyone.

its literally hard coded last resort. steve proves himself in that scene because its all about sacrificing yourself to save your buddies, your unit etc.

The flag scene shows cleverness.

The flag scene was rediculous. Nobody triedtoppling the flagpole and consequently got their shit pushed in by their superior in 30 years or whatever, my ass.

burgers are stupid
could've given them all year and they wouldn't figure it out

You're retarded. At this point they aren't picking someone to become Captain America, they're picking someone to risk their lives in an incredibly dangerous scientific experiment which, if successful, would allow the creation of an army of super soldiers. Picking the weak but willing to sacrifice himself for the great good guy makes perfect sense.

Wrong. They aren't picking Captain America but they are picking the FIRST super soldier and that's exactly what the experiment does. You want your first top guy to be a complete legend and not a suicidal retard "with a heart of gold", right?

What I dont get is the spent a lot time establishing the cleverness he developed when he was weak but it never applies to him after he gets the serum.

congratulations you've just made captain A-Khan Noonien Singh-erica and doomed that world to being ruled over by a despotic warlord.