Doesn't prevent any murders

>doesn't prevent any murders
>manipulated by Riddler
>chases Penguin on the highway, killing 30 people, only to let him go
If only Riddler didn't decide to blow up the city for no reason, and tell Batman what will happen at the end, he would be the better hero.

Attached: download (5).jpg (1012x1500, 91.27K)

Speaking of Riddler, did anyone else find it weird how they didn't tie Riddler's seemingly Christian backstory in with his plan to flood Gotham? He had pictures of himself in the orphanage's choir, sung Ave Maria and they never once tried to connect his upbringing to a flood that cleanses a world that's too far gone to be saved? Maybe because it felt too John Doe and they were already cutting it close enough with all the Se7en homages/inspiration?

This is year two Batman and he's rusty as fuck. The whole point of the movie was for him to realize that being pure vengeance inspires jerkoffs like Riddler which untimely fails the city he's trying to save.

>chases Penguin on the highway, killing 30 people, only to let him go
The Penguin was the one who did that shit retard. He got desperate and decided to fuck up that gas truck. That being said, he and Gordan should have arrested the fat fuck afterwards, but they just let him go for no reason.

>AAAAAAAAAAH, BATMAN ISN'T LE SMARTEST MAN IN THE WORLD OR MUH PREP TIME CHAMPION IN THIS MOVIE, FUCKING SAVE ME NOLAAAAAAAAAN

Obsessed

>If only Riddler didn't decide to blow up the city for no reason, and tell Batman what will happen at the end, he would be the better hero.
It's pretty obvious they shoehorned the whole 3rd act in just so they could have a big epic climax and cement the Riddler as a complete bad guy instead of sympathetic monster with irredeemable methods but arguably more effective at doing Batman's job than Batman. So he decides to flood Gotham for no reason and have a bunch of armed incels materialize inside what should be the most tightly secure building in all of Gotham at this point, who somehow manage to fail to kill the niggress Mayory Sue despite having like 20 guns and plenty of time, and even though she gets shot in the stomach/kidney/liver etc. she's totally fine and capable of swimming in filthy floodwater and is somehow standing at the end of the movie alongside our hero because she was the only uncorrupt politician for reasons.

Why chase him at all if he knows where Pingu works? It's not like he hides after that. Also Batman caused him to drive the wrong lane

Attached: download (6).jpg (820x329, 33K)

>Completely dismantles Falconi's power structures and leads a coup against the corrupt parts of the Gotham Police Force
>Saves the mayor's life
>Becomes a symbol for justice instead of vengeance celebrated by the city
>Prevents Catwoman from murdering her father
Yeah he did about as well as year 2 Batman ought to. But go ahead and nitpick like a retard

Also, if the movie did cut off at the 2 hour mark with Riddler being caught in the diner/interrogated by Batman at Arkham, you'd still have your gunflight climax and the resolution of the Falcone and Catwoman storylines. The extra hour doesn't do shit except pad the runtime with a second climax that does little for Batman's character arc other than to show him actually saving people by cutting a magic dangling electrical cord in what is probably the dumbest way possible for him. Same with him pulling out the magic adrenaline shot that wasn't established at all earlier in the film in the Batcave.

>and leads a coup against the corrupt parts of the Gotham Police Force
You mean after the Riddler had already killed and exposed all the major players?

This. His failure forced him to reevaluate what it really means to be batman. He's obviously set up to make comeback in the next movie but I wonder if they'll do a time skip or not.

>You mean after the Riddler had already killed and exposed all the major players?
No because the Riddler had only killed the previous mayor at that point you dipshit. Batman was more effective than the Riddler, the Riddler's entire plan to have some Soviet style purge of Gotham's elite failed miserably. He lead Batman to clean up the Wayne family fund being used by Falconi for the police corruption but that wasn't until after Batman lead the coup with Gordon and the loyal parts of the police.

The Riddler only figured out that shit by pure chance that some documents about the Renewal program passed by his desk. Bruce Wain isn't a tax account or in the police. Alfred was also keeping shit from him his entire life. Ther's no way he could have found out on his own.

>the Riddler's entire plan to have some Soviet style purge of Gotham's elite failed miserably
He killed the mayor, the corrupt commissioner and the district attorney. I'd say he did a pretty good job. He also left a breadcrumb trail for Batman that resulted in him cleaning up the fund to begin with.

Riddler basically does nothing wrong until he decides to flood Gotham and shoot some random negro mayoral candidate over some vague assumptions that he's corrupt/will become corrupt, even though up until that point he almost exclusively targeted people he had evidence for. Hell, even the district attorney was driving the car when he told him to floor it into the funeral.

And he never would have found out if not for the Riddler because he was too busy moping and punching Mexicans in face paint. The Riddler got some seemingly random documents and used his super power of weaponized autism to take out an entire drug trafficking and money laundering operation involving some of the biggest and most powerful names in the city. He just chose to do it like a complete psychopath. If someone shot the CEO of Blackrock tomorrow, you'd probably consider them a hero.

>Riddler basically does nothing wrong until he decides to flood Gotham and shoot some random negro mayoral candidate over some vague assumptions that he's corrupt/will become corrupt
No, he flooded the city and got his followers to shoot the mayoral candidate because he wanted more than just vengeance. He also wanted to be seen and remembered because deep down even though he was right he's still an unhinged self-serving cunt.

>He killed the mayor, the corrupt commissioner and the district attorney
Which did literally nothing to Falconi , who could've and was going to replace all of them. Meanwhile Batman's coup actually did effect Falconi.
>He left a breadcrumb trail for Batman
Which was the only actually effective thing he did. The Riddler was too obsessed with revenge, that was his entire arc.
>He did nothing wrong until he decided mass murder people he thought was guilty
He was already doing that

Yeah, and that's fucking stupid and shoehorned in to dismantle any sympathy you'd have for him taking out the rich and corrupt of Gotham's elite because that's basically the entire population of Hollywood. He would have had plenty of notoriety and would be remembered as one of Gotham's more prolific (at least in his choice of targets) serial killers before any of that flood shit even came into consideration.

>Which did literally nothing to Falconi , who could've and was going to replace all of them. Meanwhile Batman's coup actually did effect Falconi.
And then he manipulates Batman into dragging Falcone, the rat, into the light where he can fucking ice him. There, problem solved, operation dismantled.
>he was already doing that
It wasn't mass murder until the flood, which was completely random and indiscriminate.

Seriously, I thought Riddler's "watch it happen" moment would be about exposing Gotham's rich and powerful as corrupt and inciting some kind of riot that burns down the city (it can't exactly tear itself apart if you've already drowned it), but that's basically the climax of Joker so maybe they thought it'd seem like they were ripping it off.

Riddler was the good guy then they made him do stupid shit to make him evil at the end

He was a psychotic murderer but he was doing society a legitimate favor up until that point.

Killing bad guys makes you good

Yeah, it does. Having rats chew off their face while they're injected with rat poison is a little extreme though.

It was done poorly and gayly.

>And then he manipulates Batman into dragging Falcone
The Riddler didn't even know about that he just knew the money went back to Wayne family somehow. The Riddler helped Batman but Batman was the only one to actually make anything happen. He's the one who lead the coup, he's the one who fully exposed Falconi, and he's the own who actually united Gotham in a time of crisis while the Riddler was too obsessed with self image and revenge. Batman also stopped Catwoman from becoming a murderer.

>It wasn't mass murder until the flood
Oh excuse me, serial killing and attempted mass murder with the fucking suicide bombing car driver.
>Jokers ending was the city burning down in a riot while exposing the corrupt
Not really, no.

>guys how do you like my script
>Batman draws out Falcone and Riddler kills him
>it makes Batman reflect on whether or not he's actually been helpful to Gotham as a symbol of vengeance or if he's only been doing it for himself in which case Riddler's just better than him at it despite his extreme and immoral methods
>at this point in the story both only spread fear and the difference is that Riddler is undeniably better at getting results
>plus it ties up Catwoman's story arc with her father and gets revenge for her and her mother while allowing her hands to stay clean
>what?
>you want me to add an extra 30 minutes to an hour where Riddler blows up a bunch of chunks of the seawall with tiny vans to flood Gotham for no apparent reason and tries to assassinate the diversity black mayor lady you insisted I add with his legion of white incel domestic terrorist goons from Any Forums but I'm not actually allowed to kill her off?
>you want me to have Batman return to the apartment only to have a random cop appear and explain to him what carpentry tools are so he can discover Riddler's super secret master plan?
>okay but how do I get him from having arrested Riddler while failing to foil his plans to that point?
>you want to rip off The Dark Knight's iconic interrogation scene just so Riddler can tell Batman that he's failed to solve the final piece of his riddle even though that would be fucking stupid and out of character for what we've seen him do thus far?
>okay you're the boss I guess mr. shekelberg but I don't really know why you want all these additions I feel like they're going to undermine some of what I've established and cause controversy

Plot armor saved the mayor's life not Batman. The snipers should have shot her head off.

It wasn't really shoehorned but it came off that way because the scene that was supposed to foreshadow the Ridler's unhinged psychopathy was deleted. I honestly wish they had kept it to be honest.

What coup? The fuck are you talking about you inbred hillbilly

>The Riddler helped Batman but Batman was the only one to actually make anything happen. He's the one who lead the coup, he's the one who fully exposed Falconi
Only after Riddler led him to the right spot and let him do his little detective work and punch everyone since that's all he's good at.

>serial killing and attempted mass murder with the suicide bombing car driver
>suicide bombing
The guy was bomb, not the car. He wasn't going to be detonated until Batman arrived and took his next clue card. Riddler planned on either having the DA expose the rat and presumably be killed or he'd do it himself.
>not really
The causes are different but a series of murders inciting a riot against the rich seems to be where the movie was head with the crowd of Riddler fanatics appearing to protest the mayor's funeral. Then they're gone and we never see them or Riddler's impact on society at large again.

Don't make excuses for Reeves. He's a cuck these were his ideas.

Keep projecting you're faggotry onto a move that you're too retarded to understand.

Or at least hit her in the chest. Fuck, with how she got hit in the side it should have ruptured something important.

Honestly the whole Joker inclusion smacks of rewrites and studio interference as well. Like look guys, Joker was popular and people loved Heath Ledger, so we need to include him in our movie even though Riddler is arguably fulfilling a similar role. I'd like at least one Batman film trilogy that doesn't do the Joker. It's been done to death.

lol batcuck

>iamverysmart

>No actual counterargument
>Reeee it's gay because I said so

Probably, but it seems incompatible with what I believe the story was originally going to be. Either Reeves did it or the studio heads did. Either way it sucks and the movie is objectively better if it just cuts out at the diner scene with maybe a final shot of Batman driving his bike down a dark and empty street at night with his final monologue about how he has to become more than a symbol of vengeance for Gotham.

Cope

Batman Begins had a day one Batman and he wasn't a fuck up like this version.